why bsnl is confusing people ?

coolguy00712

Why in newspapers and tv they are saying that bsnl home plan per month charges have been reduced to half instead of saying that "bsnl have introduced a new home plan (home plan 250). Why they are confusing people.

to lure more customers 😛

I think TRAI should put a download limit on broadband connections! like less than 5GB and its not broadband..just like less than 256kbps and its not broadband 😛

Originally posted by coolguy00712@Aug 11 2005, 09:00 PM
Why in newspapers and tv they are saying that bsnl home plan per month charges have been reduced to half instead of saying that "bsnl have introduced a new home plan (home plan 250). Why they are confusing people.
[snapback]20896[/snapback]
[/quote]

its called paid promotion...

Originally posted by muttster`@Aug 11 2005, 09:47 PM
I think TRAI should put a download limit on broadband connections! like less than 5GB and its not broadband..just like less than 256kbps and its not broadband 😛

sorry, i do not agree with that... there should be no limitations in broadband.. there are no limitations imposed by 99% isp's worldwide... unfortunately.. the ramining 1% constitutes of all isp's in india (and maybe a limited few oerseas)... airtell offers 128kbps unlimited (it is not broadband)... 😉 pupudada

If they wanna charge per MB it shud be 1 paise per MB

Originally posted by pupudada@Aug 13 2005, 01:01 PM
sorry, i do not agree with that... there should be no limitations in broadband.. there are no limitations imposed by 99% isp's worldwide... unfortunately.. the ramining 1% constitutes of all isp's in india (and maybe a limited few oerseas)... airtell offers 128kbps unlimited (it is not broadband)... 😉 pupudada
[snapback]21204[/snapback]
[/quote]

actually that is just an assumption. a lot of popular ISPs around the world put download limits on broadband connections. you just generalise too much. please give facts with these kind of statements. coz what u said is just making a fool out of you.

Actually a lot of the ISPs worldwide have caps....Rogers in Canada had a 60GB cap which they just increased to 100GB..OOL in Usa caps your upload to 128kbps(from 1mbps) if you upload for more than 3-4hours..Some ISP in Sweden has a 300gb cap for a 100mbps connection....No ISP wants a 24hour P2P using customer..but I agree caps dont have a place in broadband.

One just needs to be patient. Look at the charges we had to pay when Cellular was launched - 16 per minute - whether incoming or outgoing. Today, most cell operators have plans for intracellular free, incoming is free all over, and cell companies are dishing out connections for a song. Reason is simple economics - demand, matched by supply. Same goes for airline tickets, or any other service. Broadband in retail is still relatively new in India. Give it time, folks, and we'll see prices crashing, and all this stuff about 2/- per MB will dissappear. For prices to fall, there must be one of 2 compelling reasons - sheer market sense / economics for service providers, or political reasons. For broadband at the moment, there is neither. So we have to wait for demand to build up, make up volumes for the companies involved to come down on prices.Caps I think are something that will always be there - but plans will become much more flexible, easy on the wallet, and suited to various user profiles.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Aug 14 2005, 01:18 PM
actually that is just an assumption. a lot of popular ISPs around the world put download limits on broadband connections. you just generalise too much. please give facts with these kind of statements. coz what u said is just making a fool out of you.
[snapback]21302[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree. They do have download limits, but they are huge ones like 30GB, 50GB, 80GB, etc.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Aug 14 2005, 01:18 PM
[snapback]21302[/snapback]
[/quote]

only by making a fool out of myself will i be able to learn... 😉

Originally posted by GAURAV7777@Aug 14 2005, 07:18 PM
its called paid reporting 😛
[snapback]21355[/snapback]
[/quote]

actually it's called paid media exposure.