Whoever if facing bombshell bill...

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,759
Originally posted by osinghrathore@Sep 14 2005, 04:01 PM
nocaps I don't want to discourage you but what I feel is ur case is going to be weak.. have u discussed it with any legal expert

ahem...yours truly happens to be a lawyer currently on 'study leave'...

@whitelotus: I had given a written repersentation to my area Accounts Officer. He told me I'd be contacted on phone. OK due date passes nobody contacts nobody else. I emailed area GM then. Next day somebody calls up and sez the bill is correct. But if they listened to you then pestering them with emails might be worth trying...thx.

Btw in my reply to sanke1's post (i.e. the 3rd post of this thread), notice point 4 after Quote 3.

ahem...yours truly happens to be a lawyer currently on 'study leave'...[/b]

gr8 to have a legal expert here... 😀

beware MTNL 😛

I seriously don't want to drag the matter to a forum. That litigation is long drawn, unpredictable and might easily go against me ultimately is not the sole reason!Thats because if there is one ISP that is giving us all some ray of hope, it is MTNL. It was MTNL's Post Paid Caller ID based dialup first of all, that made internet access so easy (no more buying costly packages over the counter, pay as you use in the bill). Then MTNL introduced the unlimited dialup for Rs.700 p.m...a dream come true. And just when I thought this Unlimited Dialup 'Plan B' is the peak that internet services in India can achieve, MTNL once again entered uncharted territories of true broadband with decent download limits (through night unlimited).I highly appreciate whatever has been done by MTNL for us...but then again, they are asking for a bill which is simply out of my reach otherwise I might have thought of paying it. So I have no other option but to fight it tooth and nail...

Even i got a sweet bill of around 8k for the month of June, took me a month to get it corrected. But they finally did cancel the faulty bill, although i haven't still received the correct. Hoping they've forgotten abt it, hehe. That was coz of a server problem, but if u don't restart ur router as instructed ur bound to get a bombshell bill. Even i take care to switch it off before 8:00 am and haven't faced any billing problems since. Anyway good luck dealing with those buggers. Am gonna switch to the unlimited Airtel plan at the end of the month. That's the only way to be assured of correct billing it seems 😛