Indian Premier League Updates

Great! So i hope that it slumps further as the season progresses! Btw, whats this: "Cumulative reach" is the number of individuals who watched a channel/programme for at least one minute.

Is this the way they count the viewership? :O Its like having passing marks at 1 mark, in a paper of 100 marks!

Well, I have already told you about the TRP & the TAM... To me, the process they use is more mystifying than the moon landing process. But even "they" seem to indicate that viewership is even less than last year. Personally would like ICL (not number of players, but format & concept) & also a shorter tournament of maybe just half games & half games away. This just is like a never ending soap opera.Coming to my current viewing time. I too am watching much less than last couple of years - Its down to Chennai games & also tuning in occasionally when I see an even game in progress in Cricinfo..(which has been very less) or one my fav guys batting.

I wud support IPL, if they nurture young Indian talent, with may be 50 overs format. And when i say nurturing talent, i strictly mean to say that very few players or no players who play Internationals, should be allowed to play there. That is, the players who are in the squad of 15 (in all 3 formats) just before the IPL & after it, should be made to skip it compulsorily. Foreign players - very restricted, and preference again to the new talent, rather than the established ones.Then IPL will do justice to the game of cricket. Right now, its opposite of what all i said above.

BCCI and Pawar options not included 😀I voted for Delhi, because I feel they have deadly combination of batsman. Anyways the team who plays good that day wins in T20.

Yeah... It is a tough call... The Final 4 are more easy to predict than a winner... I feel Mumbai will do it this time. Actually except for Deccan & Punjab, I feel all teams have a decent chance at this early point of the tournament - Its been only a week & it will run till we become weak & tired, i.e. another 40-45 days.

I wonder if the crores spent on IPL could be used for providing medicines and shelter to the poor.....or building the country's defences....or anything USEFUL......

I mean all who have bought the team, the BCCI, the sponsors etc ... All are not in the philanthropic frame of mind .. Some of them may do some level of charity work - But the I-P-L is pursued upon as an entertainment business model - Like a movie.. Your question is like walking up to the producers of say a Ra.One & saying instead of making a movie why not involve yourselves in social activities using that money.