Which tour operator offers cheap & best packages on International tours?

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,776
I had been to Bangkok & Fuket. I had used makemytrip.com with included ticket fare, hotel & round in the city including a guide. It had costed me 29K including all.And now the visa norms have changed, Its no no more visa on arrival.The entire trip was good, In fact MMT assisted me with the visa formalities. I would rate MMT 9/10 .

Anyone tried Travel XP's latest service??Dont exactly remember if they plan tours for u, or just book tickets for u......but they have started this service.

I would say a do it yourself trip to locations which are nearby is more advisable. Agreed a package tour is peace of mind, however, a properly worked out do it research will give you the flexibility as well as the fun that you want. It also invariably allows you to get the best flight deals, best hotel deals, and best sight seeing deals, as you can then book each of these separately from sites which offer you the best deal in each of these. For the itinerary, look up the itinerary on 2 or 3 of the big tour operators, you will notice a lot of overlap, now plan visiting thsoe places yourself. You can do this by either booking a cab, or signing up for one of the half (usually best choice), or full day tours. If you are interested in a DIY trip, these are the sites I would recommend based on my experience with getting good deals. Note there might be other sites too, but these are usually the most consistent in terms of good deals.Flights: Cleartrip, Ezeego, YatraHotels: Travelguru, Hotels.com, AgodaSight seeing: AsiaTravelEDIT: Since you seem to be in Chennai, do check out the websites of Air Asia and Tiger Direct. They usually have great early bird booking deals.

I would say a do it yourself trip to locations which are nearby is more advisable. Agreed a package tour is peace of mind, however, a properly worked out do it research will give you the flexibility as well as the fun that you want. It also invariably allows you to get the best flight deals, best hotel deals, and best sight seeing deals, as you can then book each of these separately from sites which offer you the best deal in each of these. For the itinerary, look up the itinerary on 2 or 3 of the big tour operators, you will notice a lot of overlap, now plan visiting thsoe places yourself. You can do this by either booking a cab, or signing up for one of the half (usually best choice), or full day tours. If you are interested in a DIY trip, these are the sites I would recommend based on my experience with getting good deals. Note there might be other sites too, but these are usually the most consistent in terms of good deals.

Flights: Cleartrip, Ezeego, Yatra
Hotels: Travelguru, Hotels.com, Agoda
Sight seeing: AsiaTravel

EDIT: Since you seem to be in Chennai, do check out the websites of Air Asia and Tiger Direct. They usually have great early bird booking deals.

Trip Advisor.com website and forum are great for research
lonely planet is another good source for research.

and i agree...half the fun of the trip is in planning 🙂

i would not really suggest focusing on the reviews on sites like tripadvisor... i had rather suggest going on indiamike.com for reviews. though they are largely focused on india so might be useful for international travel.

Trip Advisor.com website and forum are great for research
lonely planet is another good source for research.

and i agree...half the fun of the trip is in planning 🙂

I completely forgot about tripadvisor. Pretty handy when going abroad. Even the reviews on Indian Hotels are pretty extensive. Haven't used lonely planet much but have heard good things.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

i would not really suggest focusing on the reviews on sites like tripadvisor... i had rather suggest going on indiamike.com for reviews. though they are largely focused on india so might be useful for international travel.

The problem with indiamike is the (less) quantity of information available, as also the fact that being a moderated forum, people usually get responses like 'search the forum', and whatever responses come they take some time.

Dont just go with the reviews...go with the posts in the forum also ...awesome amount of information there

Perfect for researching 🙂