Which provider allows me to choose channels

• Thread starter Thread starter dhawald3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,512

dhawald3

ISP
mtnl
There were talks of DTH providers offering channels on à la carte basis.I am living in Delhi, I want to know which service allows me to choose selected channels.like I want just 15 channels of my choice out of the 150 channels and pay for just 15 of them.please help.

well like u evey body watches only a small amount of channels i watch only about 25 channels,so currently none of the DTH providers does that even though TRAI as said they should allow the customer to choose their channels and each channel should be priced at Rs5,but DTH providers argue that the content providers like star,sun, and various other groups dont allow that.but u can do this if u go in for ur local CAS providers.

well like u evey body watches only a small amount of channels i watch only about 25 channels,so currently none of the DTH providers does that even though TRAI as said they should allow the customer to choose their channels and each channel should be priced at Rs5,but DTH providers argue that the content providers like star,sun, and various other groups dont allow that.
but u can do this if u go in for ur local CAS providers.

Ya but is their picture quality and reception as good as dish tv??

well since my free subscription got over i choose starter pack 1 with english movie and elite plus top up pack which combined costed me 150/month,since i am able to view remaining channels via local cable RF connection ,what i have noticed is there is a huge difference in sound quality,but in videos its only the picture grains that u get in RF that lets the picture qulaity down and also the colors are punchier in BIG tv since i have connected via component,but in big tv when ever i see animal planet when they show a prey or predator running the picture gets distored with lots of digitla artifcats which i dont get in normal cable connection via RF. i can conclude that if the cable wala gives stereo sound and if he replaces his old receivers with good quality new receivers and signal amplifiers,wires he can give DTH a run for its money, when my Sony bravia shows the signal strength of a particular channel of cable wala as full strength, the picture quality is same as big tv,and better there is no artifacts.but there is a huge difference in sound quality.

airtel has some good combo packages where u can get your desired channels under Rs 200 bucks, check out the same 😗