Which Post-paid / Pre-paid Plan Should I Go For?

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,321

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
I have had the unique and frustrating experience of being in what I call a "bermuda triangle" of cell phone reception with MTNL (dolphin), i.e I get terrible reception on my cell in my house, but depending on which part of my house I am in, I get connected to any of 4 cells!! (South Ex, Aiims, etc. etc.)... so I guess I am at the fringe of all 4 of these cells, and as you can imagine, this is extremely annoying, and I usually have to cut calls and call people back from a landline.

I want to move to another service, but the thing is that from whatever little I know of prepaid rates, they are terrible. But at the same time I don't make more than 100 - 150 minutes of calls in a month. And I send about 150-200 messages. So my usage is not exactly high.

What is my best option?

hutch prepaid with 2-to-talk pack...

Hutch prepaid or any other prepaid service which has good reception in ur area but dont go for postpaid (its my advice)!

Idea too have better rates in delhi but there network sucks so would recomend you hutch with Rs2007(not sure if scheme is currently valid) recharge with full talktime and 1 year validity along with it monthly two 2 talk coupon.

Go for Prepaid only. And rather than considering general opinion about network coverage, find out which is best in the areas you frequently visit.I have MTNL in Mumbai and though people say its coverage is not good , I found it perfectly ok in areas I go daily. So MTNL it is for me. So do a bit of enquiry from friends..

hutch works fine in gurgaon delhi the entire way to chandigarh panchkula it even worked fine in nanital. not on the hills though 😛

umm...go for the zero rental 299 plan. see if you can convince them to give you the caller ID free..

Just looked at the two for talk thing - the validity of 30 days they talk about is just the validity of this offer right, and not for the sim in general?also, unfortunately the problem is that the reception problem is just within my house...if I go outside even 2-3 feet, there's no problem... just inside... and AFAIK with Airtel, Hutch, reliance at least there is no such problem. just my luck, because my SIM has vaidity till the end of jan 2007... which means I can just top up 200 rupees or so every month, and get enough for my purposes..... unfortunately it seems that if I get another service I would end up spending at least rs. 500 every month. 🙁

Wht do people think about IDEA prepaid? Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has IDEA otherwise I would test it out in my house. How is thier network, because I have ehard their plans are good.

Idea was good, atleast in Gujrat. I used its network there for a while...

I've been to IDEA's site and frankly am really really put off by their plans.... they are way to complex and unnecessarily confusing.... especially that whole thing about Rs. 5 being deducted dialy unless you make 15 minutes or more of outgoign calls.... weird, confusing, and downright unappealing. Am moving to Hutch Prepaid + Two-to-talk.