Which Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter slacker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,539

slacker

HiI have been using Exatt connection for the past 6 months.I have noticed that there is a long downtime and hence I have not renewed it further.Reading the reviews of the mtnl triband I am planning to go for mtnl tribandI am confused as to which plan to choose.My usage varies and is erratic. My maximum usage could be 4 hrs on weekends (basically chatting/surfingdownloading files with a range of 10-20mb in sizeBut occassionally I do download whole linux distro ISO's(700mb). This is infrequent and can be 2 distros in a month or none.Which plan should I choose from the tariff Does triband work on linuxDo I choose some other ISPSuggestions,comments are welcomThankslackman

If u are from mumbai Check out :-

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/tariff.htm

i suggest DSL 399 [700 MB] will be enough for chatting and surfing.
If u gone be wild and download then Nu Plan is for you.

Hope u find this helpful.

HiThanks for the replies I read the tariff. I noticed that surfing is also counted as download. How is this data quantity calculatedFor e.g. I surf the net for 2 hours access many sites. How do I know how much data download limit I have reached.ThanksNinad

I read the tariff. I noticed that surfing is also counted as download. How is this data quantity calculated[/b]

dude every webpage has a size. every image has a size. u download them as u visit a site. that is data transfer.

in case u want to keep a tab on how much u're downloading (surfing and everything else), u can have a bandwidth monitor...or just log off and check ur usage in their site when u feel u've done a bit too much 😛

I say go for DuMeter , Find out average of 3-7 days u surf the net ,That gives you how much u use datatransfer in MB.Surfing is not a problem unless u go to that BANDWITH [DATA TRANSFER]Hungery flash site.I personallyhate such sites.