Which phone to buy from the USA?

• Thread starter Thread starter The-Lord
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 5,153
^ See Aramex has absolutely nothing to do with who you buy from and how. They just don't care. Your purchase with a merchant is just between the merchant and you. So if the merchant charges you something, you will have to pay for it, SnS or no SnS.

You can buy from anyone in any part of the world, and SnS will get it to your home as long as the person / merchant you bought it from ships to their (SnS') warehouse. So far in my experience, no one has ever refused an SnS address, as it doesn't technically qualify as a FPO or PPO. The only time I had an issue was when HP business customers unit refused to ship there as they couldn't find any business at that address (this was during the HP Touchpad scam days). Otherwise everyone ships there, be it Amazon or Best Buy or any TD&H.

I have imported a lot of stuff through SnS for myself as well as others, and have never faced any issue. Yes, of all types of amounts.

^ I have also signed up as you have vouched for the fact that the service is reliable and u have received your product safe and sound each time.. BTW how do u get the customs duty estimate..online thru the customs website? or thru the TE thread or by emailing them?

You don't need to ask them anything. You can refer the %s on the TE thread, they are up to date. I haven't faced a single issue till date - touchwood - and the delivery guys for my side know me well now 😛 They are like, "why do you only get international packages" 😀

----------

To add a little more about the customs thing, first few times you might want to calculate, but later on might not bother till you actually receive the package. Reason is that the entire process is mechanical. However the customs guys are sarkari after all and are pretty random in their behaviour. They might charge you different amounts for the same package of the same invoice. Has happened to me on the same day once when one package of mine got cleared without customs, and another one with the same value and contents was charged customs.

Good thing is you get all the original receipts, so in case of an issue with the customs evaluation, you can claim refund from them through Aramex

:encouragement: great now i should be famous amongst the courier guys in my area..;-)

I hope this doesn't sound silly, how much does it cost if someone from USA buys an item for you and sends it through an international courier... Is the difference more or less in favor of a SnS service... you know... including all the expenses of courier and customs...

^ Shipping cost from US to India for a 500 gram packet is $44 through USPS. Customs will be charged @ the same rate for both, except for consignments marked as GIFT and costing less than 10K. GIFT clearance is not available through freight forwarders (Aramex etc)

okay, 1 last question before i order the samsung focus,If i unlock the phone after buying it, will it work in all networks in india? I mean, is the frequency or watever compatible with indian GSM operators.If anyone is still following this thread, please reply ASAP.Thanks