• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3,723

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Guys I have narrowed down to two configs for buying my new PCOption 1Core 2 duo e6300 Intel 965P MoboNvidia 256MB 7300 LE Graphics cardThis is a Compaq config for Rs 32000( CPU box only plus KeyB+mouse)Option 2Core 2 duo e4300Intel 945G moboNvidia 256MB 7300 GS GraphicsAssembled for about Rs 27000-27500(cpu Box only plus KB plus Mouse)both have 160GB SATA,512MBDDR2, DVDRW and rest of config alsmost same.

Cpu doesn't matter to me the most what i would recommend you is have second option with 1gb ram.

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Mar 24 2007, 01:10 PM) [snapback]84539[/snapback]
Guys I have narrowed down to two configs for buying my new PC

Option 1
Core 2 duo e6300
Intel 965P Mobo
Nvidia 256MB 7300 LE Graphics card
This is a Compaq config for Rs 32000( CPU box only plus KeyB+mouse)

Option 2
Core 2 duo e4300
Intel 945G mobo
Nvidia 256MB 7300 GS Graphics
Assembled for about Rs 27000-27500(cpu Box only plus KB plus Mouse)

both have 160GB SATA,512MBDDR2, DVDRW and rest of config alsmost same.[/b]
===================

We are also in the process of selecting 2 high-end systems for video-editing work. We plan to use these 2 machines as part of a 'cluster-of-5' to serve about a dozen thin clients who will be doing the editing. For our requirements we do need about 1 TB SATA, 2 GB RAM, high-speed FSB MoBos, graphic cards with sizeable Rams etc for each system.
If some of you have specific experience in this area, your advice will be appreciated.
In a few months this small cluster of servers will join a bigger group that will ultimately serve about 100 thin clients in an e-library environment.
Sachith

QUOTE(GSV13 @ Mar 24 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]84551[/snapback]
Cpu doesn't matter to me the most what i would recommend you is have second option with 1gb ram.[/b]

Even i would recommed you to go for 1gb DDR2 ram since nowadays 512 is minimum whereas 1gb is what is recommended (though i am talking from the gamers point of view 😀)....

can anyone tell me what is the diffence between the two mobo(s) in both the OPTIONS ????????????

for me, jitna latest utna badiya!

The thing that bugs me is that is that Graphics Card can be upgraded later but not CPU or MOBO, , I will consider upgrading to 1 GB. The Option 1 (compaq) is now being offered to me at Rs 31000.

i had say go for the fastest possible processor. everything else is usually upgradable.

How about best of both world's.A 965 motherboard with E4300 and 7300gs.That'll give you much more room to upgrade than a 945,not to mention better performance..In this case,you'll be able to switch to quad's by q4 this year,when they'll be dirt cheap.and of course,upgrade to a dx10 gpu..

assembled is always better. you dont have to buy an operating system.you dont have to rely on HP's customer care which can suck.you have the freedom to mess with the configuration. as much as you like without hurting the warranty.and branded computers are what? same components sold in the assembled market with a sticker?

yep, but already bought the compaq config......i was still hesitant about the assembled PC since my current PC is also a compaq oneBtw, it does not come with OS, it comes with FreeDOS........lately most manufacturers have realised....there's no use selling OS to Indians

would be interesting to see if they would support your computer if you ask them for support with a PC with a pee-rated OS.

I think they only give hardware support......who needs support for software anyways?