Which one is better?

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
Hi Guys, What do you think which one is better, Torrents or normal P2Ps???Pls dont' tell me that torrents are also P2Ps, i know that 🙂 that's why used the word "normal"...i hope u make out the difference.Also, do give reasons to justify whatever u say to make your point valid... 🙂

i think it depends upon where you manage to find a file which you want. its not like eveyrthing is available on these two. 🙂 plus i think most people on bandwidth restricted packages would prefer to use p2p applications which has leaner requirement of uploading data.

i have slowly changed from kazaalite to edonkey and finally torrents . i dont know . when i did use kazaa..i hated torrents with all my guts . said it was a passing fad but kazaa was here to stay . after kazaa died i tried edonkey but it sucks . dunno why . it just did . kazaa was ok but i had download a lot of fake files and i was just fed up . the mpaa and riaa won in this case . now torrents ...when i did get to it it was only due to an application called bitcomet that was referred to by a friend . i tried it . and i liked it . the best part is there are dedicated sites which offer torrents both legal and illegal but the best part of them all is the genuinety of teh downloads . check the forum . u know if its valid or not . its as simple as that . if its true u see all the praises or if its fake u se all teh cuss words 😉the best part is i used to download and run away while i was in kazaa...but in torrents i stay atlest till i do a 1:1 ratio . but then again i am also part of a desi movie release group so maybe the seeding part is few among many .

what about the fact that u can't remove ur download from the console till the ratio is maintained???

what about the fact that u can't remove ur download from the console till the ratio is maintained???[/b]

strange ... which client u use

can't as in, if u're a regular downloader off same tracker, they might ban u if u don't maintain the ratio thing...isn't it???

Because if everyone downloads and runs away how is this then gonna help the community. Torrents help in inculcating the habit of giving as well

Only if we had a faster connection we could serve the community. Imagine uplaoding at 7kBps on out ADSL bsnl connection .....that will take hours

if you say about speed torents are the best and if you talk about availability p2p are great.you might have faced problems like the software download stuck at 90% or so using a torrent that problem gets removed in p2p etc.I use Limewire ,it Rocks.

hey.... put up more on the ratio/banning thing..... as far as iv heard... it shud be less than .1.... which is pretty tough except wen ur dllin a small song file...for me... torrents rock...

Originally posted by dearashwin@Jul 30 2005, 10:35 PM
hey.... put up more on the ratio/banning thing..... as far as iv heard... it shud be less than .1.... which is pretty tough except wen ur dllin a small song file...
for me... torrents rock...
[snapback]19135[/snapback]
[/quote]

i think the downloading speed has got something to do with
the configured speed of uploading at the other end.

assuming that the other party's connection speed is 26KBs and he is also
downloading some 5 files and has allowed 3 upload links what
could be the download speed at your end?

stpmds/chennai/31-07-05