Which one is better?

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
Hi Guys, What do you think which one is better, Torrents or normal P2Ps???Pls dont' tell me that torrents are also P2Ps, i know that :) that's why used the word "normal"...i hope u make out the difference.Also, do give reasons to justify whatever u say to make your point valid... :)

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i think it depends upon where you manage to find a file which you want. its not like eveyrthing is available on these two. :) plus i think most people on bandwidth restricted packages would prefer to use p2p applications which has leaner requirement of uploading data.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
considering what we're looking for is available on both...

Mr X

Regular
Regulars
May 20, 2005
i have slowly changed from kazaalite to edonkey and finally torrents . i dont know . when i did use kazaa..i hated torrents with all my guts . said it was a passing fad but kazaa was here to stay . after kazaa died i tried edonkey but it sucks . dunno why . it just did . kazaa was ok but i had download a lot of fake files and i was just fed up . the mpaa and riaa won in this case . now torrents ...when i did get to it it was only due to an application called bitcomet that was referred to by a friend . i tried it . and i liked it . the best part is there are dedicated sites which offer torrents both legal and illegal but the best part of them all is the genuinety of teh downloads . check the forum . u know if its valid or not . its as simple as that . if its true u see all the praises or if its fake u se all teh cuss words ;)the best part is i used to download and run away while i was in kazaa...but in torrents i stay atlest till i do a 1:1 ratio . but then again i am also part of a desi movie release group so maybe the seeding part is few among many .

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
what about the fact that u can't remove ur download from the console till the ratio is maintained???

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
what about the fact that u can't remove ur download from the console till the ratio is maintained???[/b]

strange ... which client u use

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
can't as in, if u're a regular downloader off same tracker, they might ban u if u don't maintain the ratio thing...isn't it???

Supreme

Regulars
Jan 27, 2005
Because if everyone downloads and runs away how is this then gonna help the community. Torrents help in inculcating the habit of giving as well