Which NOKIA to choose under 6-7K budget?

• Thread starter dragonball
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 9,131
dragonball

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
NEEDED features:general features.good battery backup.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
all Nokia phones offer good battery backup. i like nokia 6030...

dragonball

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
some more options please,,,can i get a smartphone/symbian within this budget range?

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
i really doubt so... prathapml had this Nokia model which i think could be around that price these days... personally i hate symbian based phones. they make little sense if you are actually going to install applications on them. and for that price u are unlikely to get much storage space to play with it.

dragonball

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
will i be able to get camera phones within that range? what about integrated MP3 support?

G

GSV13

Special Member
ISP
Triband 2mbps
6070 & 6080 around range of 4500

dragonball

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
@Sushubh:wow! that motorola l7e really is a feature rich phone..whats the approx. cost?( i heard its around 8.5K. Then it will be beyond my budget.) and what are disadvantages of a motorola phone compared to a Nokia phone? like Nokia phones donot break even when they fall from pocket many times. Is it true for this phone also(motorola in general)?(just heard that this fone has low voice volume..useless for me..better go with Nokia)6080 is looking fine if it is around 4.5K. What abt other (better than 6080) Nokia phones around 5K-6K?

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
I recently went shopping for a mobile phone in the same price range as you. And I ended up buying a Sony because as Sushubh said, Nokia offers minimal features in low end phones. Sony is more generous :)Check out the K750i, w550i and you might be able to get a deal within 8k. Especially if you're exchanging your old phone. Its a bit below your budget but also check out the K510i which I personally own. It's a very under-rated but well equipped phone and it comes at 5k!

M

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
Check out the K750i, w550i and you might be able to get a deal within 8k. Especially if you're exchanging your old phone.
Its a bit below your budget but also check out the K510i which I personally own. It's a very under-rated but well equipped phone and it comes at 5k!

So k510i :p I own a k750i. It rocks. Costed me a pretty penny but what the heck? I earned it! I blew it ;)

I'd recommend a Sony too...k310i is a good deal but no expandable memory slot! Nokia 6600 is also nice. I think Samsung D850 will also suit your budget!:thumbsup:

dragonball

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
any onlilne specification links please, of these phones? (d850, k310i, k750i, k510i) as i m not able to find specs online....

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
K510i

This link points to the Sony Ericsson website, so check out the other phones (w550i etc. out there)
Here is a review of the phone on CNet Asia.
Sony Ericsson K510i - Review : Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

K750i

Here is a review of k750i

Sony Ericsson K750i - Review : Mobile Phones - CNET Asia

@max : lucky guy! I really wanted to own the 750i last year. But I have a principle to NEVER pay more than 6k for a phone after exchange. I keep trying to get a better phone at same/ lesser price than I did the last time.

B

bhargav

\,,/
ISP
Nivyah 1Mbps Unlimited
if u want integrated mp3 support..... then u can go for 5200 (series 40) ....
full specs here = Nokia 5200 - Full phone specifications
i got this cell .... and the mp3 player is quite good....
2 downsides = cam is crappy VGA and the screen rez aint so big to talk about! :(
in all other aspects this cell is quite good....

M

max

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
@max : lucky guy! I really wanted to own the 750i last year. But I have a principle to NEVER pay more than 6k for a phone after exchange. I keep trying to get a better phone at same/ lesser price than I did the last time.

Hmm...I worked my a$$ off to earn money for that phone:pIts an amazing device! :D