Which Netbook Model to Buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter jeetut
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 15,405

jeetut

ISP
airtel
does anyone heard about olive laptops. its 3g enabled and costs like only 24000 last i heard is that possible.??!! please clarify if u have any info on this.

they support freedos? try asking them how do i use the webcam coz i cannot get it to work in freedos!

most of these companies won't even support 64bit editions of Windows especially if they are loaded with parts from obscure chinese companies. i had hard time finding a driver that worked for the Wi-Fi on my friend's Compaq laptop.
Thats the thing, they dont have to provide support any support for free dos. The only functions freedos has is copy, move, paste, dir, format, fdisk etc. basic Dos functions.

Technically they should provide support for OS they provide with their PC's, but I guess all these comanies think they can just take the customers for granted.

Upvote 0
All netbooks have almost same specs , get the one which has good build quality / reliable A.S.S. Asus EEEPC1001HA , Lenovo S10 , Samsung N150 , all will cost you ~14.5k

Upvote 0
Thanks all. Initially I was thinking of Olive Zipbook. Just exploring other options. It seems zipbook has very low battery life. Need to gather some info about HP mini, Samsung and Acer.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

All netbooks have almost same specs , get the one which has good build quality / reliable A.S.S.

Asus EEEPC1001HA , Lenovo S10 , Samsung N150 , all will cost you ~14.5k

Thanks Manu. Will check it.

Upvote 0
Dell also has slightly bigger models if a 10" display is not big enough... the good thing is that you can customize them before ordering them. so you can add on mmm more features that you might want. with most other brands, you are stuck with what the dealers has to offer. no customization.

Upvote 0
the good thing is that you can customize them before ordering them. so you can add on mmm more features that you might want.

with most other brands, you are stuck with what the dealers has to offer. no customization.
Tried clicking on customize ? You cant change RAM/HDD/Proccy/Screen Size . Not even OS . Only stupid stuff like color .

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
haha, why would you want to kill the poor device by installing windows and that too XP?! (at least Win7 would have been a reasonable attempt) 🙂

Upvote 0