Which Modem or Router to get DSL NU

GAURAV7777

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 15, 2004
i am wondering which router or usb modem would be best for mtnl DSL NUshould i rent the mtnl DLINK DSL 502T or purchase itor go with any others (suggestions) ?I am gonna upload/download on irc and maybe make a mutliuser setup later when i get another machine

A

agnivo007

Using a DSL-502T on DataOne...bought it myself for Rs. 2500.

GAURAV7777

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 15, 2004
hey aginovu have really made me believe that this router is not good do u know any alternatives as i would need port forwarding

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
i think DSL-502T is one of the best...the main thing what matters the most is ur proximity to the exchange and the line quality, for speed...and if u're concerned about port forwarding, u can do that in DSl-502T as well...it has lots of options in it...though i never tried much after i screwed it once :p

A

agnivo007

Gaurav, u are making a russian out of my name... :lol:Anyway, see my "DSL-502T Firmware" thread that I'll be starting shortly...

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
so finally which modem/router r u using gaurav???and how's that IRC thing going, if any???tell us ur experience, if u have anything other than DSL-502T, coz we've already heard quite a bit about that :D

A

agnivo007

I think he has bought a Russian Router and is busy pinging Russian IRC servers !!! :lol: