• Thread starter Thread starter GSV13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,623

GSV13

Special Member
ISP
Triband 2mbps
Hi ! Mates i recently changed to mtnl service . They gave me UT Starcom modemmodel no-UT-300R2U .This modem is chineese manufactured as the company (utstarcom)itself is. Before this mtnl was providing D-Link 502 T. Recently when there was shortage of modem with mtnl they procured this UT modems.While in the list of mtnl compatible modem this modem doesnt get mentioned. List of ADSL2+ CPE Compatible VendorsS.No Name of the company1. D-Link 502 T2. Comtrend CT-5643. Westell A -90-630199-074. ZyXEL Prestige 660 H -615. Erricsson HM4106. Xavi(7722+)While this modem works fine for me but in my mind there is feeling that itis not up to the standard as Dlink(FCC Standards ) modem is. 🤔 If u people have differrent modem provided by Mtnl please do mention.

dont worry any modem by any manufacturer that adheres to intl adsl2+/adsl standards will work with MTNL. U just hv to watch out if it supports both PPPoA and PPPoE mode coz in many countries DSL is implemented using PPPoA while MTNL uses PPPoEI am myself using a modem by an unknown chinese company and it performs even better than MTNL D-Link modem

I don't think it wil matter if its chinese or D-Link.... Its not like other chinese goods we buy, an IC is an IC. If it works, it will work the same as any other IC. If it's poor quality, it will not work at all, or will stop working earlier that D-Link, but that does not matter as you are renting the modem anyways.

ya well your whole comp. atleast in most cases is chinese.. as most products are manufactured in china 😉

Yes most of my pc products are manufactured in china however they are under some strict manufacturing practice(there is always FCC written on them) because they are manufactured by branded company but no one know this UTstarcom neither there is any FCC standard or somethinglike that written on it.

all i kno that in dec D-Link se some contract was overso they started givin utstarcomnow they must hav signed a new contract

@ stiffmaster I am also from Delhi, got the connection from mtnl on 13april but got UT router. How come u got it. I asked the ADO about D-Link onebut he said they are offering what they have. Might be they have some left in godown. 🤔 Any way which area in delhi you live???? 🙂

Thanks so much for replying!!you are right I dont need that modem 502t as I have WiFi modem cum router to replace it...and i need to know how to configure it on my system....I am sure there will be some user and pass will be required from the ISP too....