Which modem is better b\w type IV nd type II

• Thread starter Thread starter vikas_ry
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,994

vikas_ry

ISP
bsnl
sir,i m planning to go for bsnl broadband, now the problem arises that should i go for modem provided by the bsnl or shud i purchase it from market. if u suggest the bsnl modem then pls tell me the difference b\w type II and type IV , i think it is better to opt for type IV modem in the same price bcoz there is no difference in the price of type 2 nd type 4 nd type IV contains 4 ethernet port.

@vikas_ry
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
How many computers you have ? Do you have a laptop or intend to buy one soon ?
See this web site for details of the modems
BROADBAND MAIN MENU
for tariff
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

http://www.ip2location.com/ib1

If you are planning to keep broadband for a long time then its a safe bet to buy one from outside , you can also use it with other dsl based providers later .

THe BSNL ppl are saying they dont have any modem with them & if possible buy from outside. . .I need to connect only one comp & may be one laptop , or sometimes one at a time ..

Since you have one pc and a laptop then you can go for a Type II or IV, anyone you like. Price for both modem is same and even the rental. Personally, I would prefer to go for a 4 LAN and 1 WLAN Modem, who knows what possibility arises. :ashamed:

/members/vivekphlp/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
Presume you have a modem supplied by BSNL. please mention the model.
If so a wireless router can be purchased. for using your laptop computer in mobile mode.
Or both Desktop and laptop in same room use USBport for desktop and ethernet port for laptop. ( Most modems have this facility)
Cheaper options buy a switch or HUB.
Or better buy a 3 in 1 model , and save rental charges to BSNL.
I would prefer to go for a 4 LAN and 1 Modem
by @arnold apt advice.

Reference :How to Build a Network Using a Cross-Over Cable | Hardware Secrets
Also other links from same website.