Which LED TV is Best in LG/ Samsung/ Sony 32-inch section

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitkpatil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 91,493
ISP
MTNL VDSL2
Hi,
I am currently having Sony 32 inch Bravia HDTV (Not FULL HD), and it is very nice.
I want a 32" FULL HD, and i would prefer Sony only, but currently Sony not making any 32" FULL HDTV without Smart TV function (if they are,.. do suggest..but i am certain, as i called them to re-confirm)
Now here are the models i am looking into.
1) Samsung LED 32F5100 cost around 32k-34k
2) LG LED 32LN5400 (it has IPS panel) same cost as above
3) Toshiba 32PT200 around 26k to 29k
All above three models are FULL HD
I can go upto 35k, but for best panel quality. I do not want smart features.
I plan to buy Playstation 4 later, hence FULL HD is important.
Sony comes around 40k+ with smart features, which i am not gonna use, as all those features i can use with other gadgests which i already have.
All Sony TVs below that range without smart features are just HD , not FULL HD.
If anybody is having above models, please do share your experiences.

I'm also going to start browsing for a HDTV. I prefer a 40" screen. I don't need 3D or smart features. Just full HD will be fine.
I haven't researched TVs in a couple of years. At that time, there was an issue with Sony and LG. They were not able to play DTS audio because only Samsung had purchased a license. Of course, this could be circumvented by using a laptop or consoles or something like a WD live media player to play the videos. But, the USB play feature wouldn't be able to play DTS. I wonder if this has changed now with Sony and LG.

Upvote 0
see first thing i want to know what purpose u wish for buying a new tv..for playing games, sports or watching simply tv as a general purpose thats it etc.....movie, games and sports particularly required high motion flow or rate so i strongly recommend plasmas they are simply great as well as cheaper and available in big sizes for both of u but its not that power efficient but hey! performance matters though if its satisfies ur purpose so i am giving the link to both of u....32inch as well as in 40 range ...they are great in terms of picture quality and performance....in the led range... :tasty:
http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA32F5500ARLXL
http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA40F5000ARMXL
http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-32w670a
http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-42w670a

now for plasma....its a 50incher but remember "SIZE DOES MATTER" especially watching sports and movies....so its just high on ur budget. if u consider this..but great as compare to led ....of now
http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer/tv/plasma-tv/th-p50x60d.html

Upvote 0
yeah i have seen that...pretty well but u can calibrate ur own way...then u cannot see any difference,,,

Upvote 0
yeah so u want the picture settings...first tell me what kind of content u are using to watch tv like via hd setup box or any hdmi content u connect with it or the old av content...i give u the settings accordingly

Upvote 0
great then.....here are the settings u try these and let me know if its good or nor as per ur liking...the basic set up i give u....
IN MOVIE MODE:
Backlight-10
Contrast-95
Brightness-48
Sharpness-20
Colour-50
Tint- same as default-----G50/R50
Screen adjustments- Screen fit
Advanced options-
Black tone- off
Dynamic contrast- off
Gamma- -1
Colour space -auto
White balance- default
Edge enhancement- off
Motion lighting- off
Led motion plus- depends upon u if u see more judder or flickers..u set in on...the image turns kind of a dim u though...
Picture options:
Colour tone- Warm 2
DNR- off
MPEG NR- off
Film mode- off
Auto motion plus - clear
yeah so thats it....hope it turnout wonders for u... :victorious:

Upvote 0
I tried Vijay Sales today, they are very strict about Sony and samsung pricing. No discounts at all. For other TVs they are ready to workout.
For Sony 32W700B, its 41999....and no discounts at all.
I checked Samsung 32F5100 & LG LED 32LN5400 & Sony 32W700B as i started this topic with it.
LG has very nice colour reproduction and superb viewing angles with no whitelight out at any angles. I guess its obvious because its IPS panel. But the brightness and vibrancy of colour level is on lower side. So if your TV gonna get bright Sunlight on the screen, you should avoid it for sure. But as per price and quality, it is nice. But some people have problem with LG colour reproduction , so its very subjective in that case.
In case of Samsung, the Bright and vibrant TV showed brightest White and rich black colour. But Compared to Sony, Samsung has little problem of oversaturating the colours. Its not too much, but as a Sony user, it may take a while. But otherwise Superb.
Sony has the most natural colours (may be i am biased), but it comes with unnecessary cost of added smart TV functionality. Comparitively , Sony is just marginally ahead of Samsung, but i do not know the logitivity and quality of samsung TVs. Don't get me wrong, but out of all Television sets, in this price range category, Samsung's quality of plastic looks pathetic. Correct me if i am wrong. I have also heard overheating / failure of samsung tvs in just couple of weeks.
I wish to go for Sony, but the cost is not justified. Obviously its because of Smart features which i do not want. So i will probably go for Samsung only, listening to your experiences as existing Samsung owners.

Upvote 0