Which ISP should i choose ?

• Thread starter Thread starter klllerwolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 5,103
Not to make this personal but, I'd rather use a more reliable service than waste my time and energy on a crappy provider just because of my ego.

I'm not asking you to stick with airtel, but dumping them just beacuse you feel that your self respect has been dented would be lame. 🙂

how are you so sure tht others are crappy providers, the only thing tht was separating Airtel from other was there after sales service, which sadly is not wht it was an year ago and before tht.
i have MTNL in my sister's room, and tht is as RELIABLE as any airtel connection, i dont like MTNL only cuz thy have technically illiterate babus, otherwise I havent faced any problem since one year
If u think denying thr monopoly is my ego, thn be it. Not to make this personal but i dont give a damn wht u think abt me !

Firstly, I never stated that mtnl is a bad isp.Secondly, reliance is known to have after sales issues andfinally, I never formed any opinion of you, I merely rephrased what you had already stated in your previous posts.

I was a customer of airtel for 4 years and had a 4mbps connection. I was quite satisfied with the service and reliability but was angry about the ridiculous fup. Then I shifted to mtnl 2mbps unlimited connection with no fup about 4 months back. I can tell you that it has the worst service ever. The technicians were too damn arrogant and and the helpline is too incompetent and useless. The net didn't work atleast 1 day a week and i suffered from packet loss and ridiculously high pings even to servers located in delhi. In the meantime airtel brought better plans with better download limits. That was when i decided to shift back to airtel even though MTNL was free for me. Atleast i now have some peace of mind. I will be sticking to airtel till Hayai broadband arrives in delhi.

I was a customer of airtel for 4 years and had a 4mbps connection. I was quite satisfied with the service and reliability but was angry about the ridiculous fup.
Then I shifted to mtnl 2mbps unlimited connection with no fup about 4 months back. I can tell you that it has the worst service ever. The technicians were too damn arrogant and and the helpline is too incompetent and useless. The net didn't work atleast 1 day a week and i suffered from packet loss and ridiculously high pings even to servers located in delhi.
In the meantime airtel brought better plans with better download limits. That was when i decided to shift back to airtel even though MTNL was free for me.
Atleast i now have some peace of mind. I will be sticking to airtel till Hayai broadband arrives in delhi.

MTNL will not ever be improved until thr are permanent employees thr, thr mentality is like "**** the work i have got the job by paying bribes, why would I need to f****ing work", and not to mention they know nothing about broadband.
Airtel on the other hand have trained professionals, who can really help solving problems, but i would say it again There standard is really falling
I have applied for a reliance connection, I was surprised, being a private body, even reliance is no match for Airtel staff
thy have promised me the connection within six days, lets see whats in store for me.
Anyway m gonna wait for HAYAI, just need to pass my time, if reliance wont work either, I will try spectranet 🙂

I just got reliance connection today, the wires etc are installed neatly like airtel, and thank god not like MTNL
though I have to login everytime I start windows, its not an always on connection i suppose, can anyone tell me if it can be somehow ?
now to point, its really funny and frustrating, I requested 8 MBPS plan and luk wht i have got 😀

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1464404287.png

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1464416326.png

Funny because its too gud to be true
frustrating because pings are still high and luk at the international bandwidth and pings, and dont know if this speed will stay or its temporary burst, not to mention thy my fear of them charging extra for speed 🙁

Do a speedtest to the mumbai and singapore server and test a torrent, if you get the same high speeds consistently over a period of time, you may well be on a higher speed connection.Btw congrats on the connection 🙂

Tried to ping some gameservers and some pingtest servers, the gud news is I'm getting gud pings for France Japan SIngapore/thailand in game, i.e

Afaik you cannot change latency, it depends on reliance's routing. With the speeds you've mentioned it can be safely said that the speedtest results were erronous. Also, if you search the forum, you'll come across an auto login script.

what about video buffering, most annoying thing is I cant buffer video ant any website without pausing, even 240p, yet i can download tht same vid @400-800kbps
but i cant download every video i wanna watch, sometimes you only watch parts of it, if u get my point ?

----------

http://www.pingtest.net

0ms jitter ?
is it possible ?

While 0ms jitter is possible, it'd be better if you'd do a pingtest to the singapore server and post the results. As far as video buffering goes, it might be a dns issue.

dude 2599 for 40GB ? thats way to big rip off even though ur speed is good....were u looking fr only speed ?

i think after 40GB this plan as 1mbps unlimited. i was considering taking this plan when i applied for reliance. but in the end common sense prevailed. 🙂

dude 2599 for 40GB ? thats way to big rip off even though ur speed is good....were u looking fr only speed ?

first, its 60 GB, secondly if someone is mostly into download only (not gaming) its far too better thn airtel's 1799 4mbps with FUP of 50GB and post FUP speed 256kbps
secondly, i have taken this connection on test basis only, if it doesnt suits my gaming need, i might move back to airtel
as I have stated before, my problem is i was stuck on 50gb fup for 3 months, after making lots and lots of calls thy did nothing.

i think after 40GB this plan as 1mbps unlimited. i was considering taking this plan when i applied for reliance. but in the end common sense prevailed. 🙂

some people doesnt have Common sense 😉
anyway, can u tell me how can I speed up the buffering (and its not only youtube vids which are slow as hell, if u know wht i mean 😛)

----------

While 0ms jitter is possible, it'd be better if you'd do a pingtest to the singapore server and post the results. As far as video buffering goes, it might be a dns issue.

can you suggest some better DNSs ?
i have already tried airtel's and one or two others
its really annoying having a connection capable of buffering 1080p without hassle, yet its not doing it

also called CS, he told me my account is not yet updated in thr system, apologised and asked me to call back after 72 hours

fuktel plan is 2099 4MBps for 150 GB..they increased it after they got too many DC.:rofl:

but torrents are throttled and its crap..
----------

some people doesnt have Common sense 😉

ur saying admin does not have common sense ??