• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,681

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
I applied for a change in my plan from 749Nu to TriB 199 plan( which is 400MB with 2mbps).
Here's what they have changed my plan to DSL_199_256kbps

Firstly it mentions 256kbps
and secondly it has about 512MB remaining in my account?

What to do? The plan got changed today. I expect the rental to be Rs 199 but not sure? why 256 kbps why 512 MB?Rather they should have given me lesser MBs bcoz my plan got changed on 5th Jan. Also I getting 2 mbps as of now but I think they will soon change the speed as well.

Anybody here with 199 plan? What does ur account show the name of plan and how many MBs do u get?

hi boygr8first of all the name of plan is DSL_199_256kbps although the speed is 2mbps only... moreover if you are getting 512 mb free then don't complain or ask the cc about it, just watch it till you get the bill for this month... many times when we shift from one plan to other the details are not changed perfectly and we get its benefit.. may be you will always get 512mb free:thumbsup:... as when i shifted to unlimited plan few months back i continued getting 2mbps speed for whole month:yahoo:...just wait and watch... may be this will become your new year gift:thumbsup:...

^^^ and what if he get charged for additional 256kbps ....

hi boygr8

first of all the name of plan is DSL_199_256kbps although the speed is 2mbps only...

moreover if you are getting 512 mb free then don't complain or ask the cc about it, just watch it till you get the bill for this month...
many times when we shift from one plan to other the details are not changed perfectly and we get its benefit.. may be you will always get 512mb free... as when i shifted to unlimited plan few months back i continued getting 2mbps speed for whole month...

just wait and watch... may be this will become your new year gift

Hi Nuclearsam...........thanks for ur response

Well do u have the same plan as well??????

Also the name of this plan is DSL_199_256kbps whereas most other plans as TriB_XXX like TriB_749NU and so on. I hope I am billed only Rs 199 for the month.

As Shakespeare says... "What's in a name?"Actually its all MTNL's choice to give a name to a plan... dont worry about that...And for your free MBs... dont risk using beyond 400 MB... coz if they charge you, you cant even fight with them for using more than what you are supposed to use!!!

Thanks venkz 4 ur advice. But I am still looking for anybody with the same plan? Are they having the same name as well? Sorry venkz i cant seem to get over the name game................full respect to Shakespere ....lol🙂

yes plan name is correct.u will get speeds of 2mbps no need to worry abt that!abt the other query, first tell me this:1. did u actually use only 13 MB last month for an 749NU plan???2. what is ur bill period like? i mean, does it start at start of month and end at the end of month or some other?3. when did the current plan activate?

hi boygr8...

here is a screen shot of my office's account...

the plan is DSL_199_256kbps and i get charged only rs.199... and as far as adsl mb is considered i wud suggest not to call cc as they may reduce your adsl mb to 400 only rather wait and watch till next month...
and don't take chances of downloadin more than 450 mb so that if you get charged for extra usage u only pay for 50 mb...

moreover what i think is that u will get 512mb free this month and from next month your free limit will be reduced to 400 mb only...

Thanks guys, i am comforted now 🙂

yes plan name is correct.
u will get speeds of 2mbps no need to worry abt that!
abt the other query, first tell me this:
1. did u actually use only 13 MB last month for an 749NU plan???
2. what is ur bill period like? i mean, does it start at start of month and end at the end of month or some other?
3. when did the current plan activate?
1.Yes
2.Yeah bill cycle is just like a calendar month
3.The current plan got activated on5th of this month. Actually I booked for planc hange on 1504 on 28 Dec. But when I found out that my plan didnt change by 3rd Jan, I called 1504 again and they told that they dont have any request from my side for a change in plan in their records and that plan change will only be done from next month if I book it now. But i mailed GM BB and the plan was changed in 1 day

ok, so i believe u will get what you are being shown! 🙂i mean , dis month's MB will be 512MB only (becoz some may have been becoz of 4-5 days of unused 749NU MB).also, the bill this month mayb a little higher (for the 4-5 days 749NU charges).this all of course is guess work, but u will know wen u get the bill!

oh yeah u r right they will have given me MBs for 5 days from 790NU plan on pro rata basisThanks oce again guys

too bad, they too will go waste! 🙁 (by ur last month's usage! 🙂)