• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 151
  • Views Views 31,072

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
Pls Help, I want to purchase a new Mobile and looking forward for a Android phone, Which is the best one with Max Budget 15000/- Please give their special features as well with pros and cons.

Hey Saurabh, congratulations first on deciding on Android, trust me if you like Open source you will love android. (our friend Admin will also second this am sure 🙂 )

Please read the following article published on Techtree, it seems informative

Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Resistive Androids: Stay Away From These

Hey Saurabh, congratulations first on deciding on Android, trust me if you like Open source you will love android. (our friend Admin will also second this am sure 🙂 )

Please read the following article published on Techtree, it seems informative

Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Resistive Androids: Stay Away From These

Interesting article, good explanation on the disadvantages of resistive screens.

@saurabh_g: For that budget you can look at HTC Wildfire

Link: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_wildfire-3337.php

mmm. it is pretty much understood that android is not as open as google claims it to be.

it is not as open as linux or ubuntu.

the source code is available. you can download it. you can compile it. you can change it to run it on your own choice of device.

but google controls the official build. you cannot download 3.0 previews for example. android 2.3 source was only released when google made it official.

also from what i heard. you can contribute patches and updates and whatever. but google controls what gets accepted (i assume this is similar to official Linux Kernel).

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

i am selling my N1 for around the same price (it's an awesome deal as it includes the official dock!). 😛

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

for 15K you have three good options wrt android.

htc wildfire
samsung Galaxy 3
LG optimus one

hey admin why are you selling your nexus one?

i have already found a buyer. of course my deal is better than the ones you can get on ebay. 😀

Pricewise and featurewise Android phones don't match up to the offerings by Nokia. The hardware you'll get from an 18-19k Android, you can easily get from a much cheaper Nokia. Also, android isn't very resource efficient as an OS so the battery life is pretty bad. I'd suggest you should check out Nokia C6-01 or C7. The latest Symbian^3 based offerings come with top notch hardware for a pretty decent price.

kidding right? Nokia has only one decently priced smartphone in the market right now. that is the N8. and that too just because it has a fantastic 12MP camera for a price tag below Rs. 24-25K. nokia has software related issues. symbian might be popular and all but it is not the best smartphone platform when it comes to third party applications. if you want to enjoy all the cool offerings available to mobile users, android and iOS are the platforms to go for.

Pricewise and featurewise Android phones don't match up to the offerings by Nokia. The hardware you'll get from an 18-19k Android, you can easily get from a much cheaper Nokia. Also, android isn't very resource efficient as an OS so the battery life is pretty bad. I'd suggest you should check out Nokia C6-01 or C7. The latest Symbian^3 based offerings come with top notch hardware for a pretty decent price.
:ishock: u nokia dealer ? Give me one top noch hardware nokia phone right now i will quit android stop kidding around.As the admin said galaxy3 optimus or his own phone. Between heard of Galaxy 3 better version coming in jan-feb if u can wait better wait.

my neighbor uncle purchased one of these new nokias. i think he has the Nokia E5. the software on the phone is crap. browser on the phone is crap. does not seem to have an option to keep Wi-Fi connected all the time. you start a browser, it asks permission to connect wifi. i am not used to symbian but it is simply terrible. and then there are menus for everything. my uncle was very impressed to see opera mobile for symbian compared to the browser it ships with.

Not kidding at all. C7 is cheaper than the N8, has 8mpx camera, built in GPU and an NFC chip, something that Google will offer in the new Nexus S. Other features like the USB host mode (Pen drive support) are currently offered only by Nokia.Symbian's software related issues are nothing but hyped up, the latest Symbian^3 has a hardware accelerated UI, it may not have as many apps as Android offers but you'd find an alternate for every application that you need. Moreover, you're not stuck with the phone memory for installing apps as you can install your apps on memory card without worrying about space. Symbian is Open source and has recently taken a continuous improvement route, this means your phone won't be forgotten by the manufacturer after 6 months like most Androids, the OS will continually be updated for your device till its technically feasible to do so. You can never write Nokia off that easily.

i recently purchesed Dell xcd-28(my first non symbian mobile) at the cost of 10000/- .only problem is resistive touch screen. working nice though.Galaxy 5 is also good. but better wait for android 2.2

mmm. android has allowed you to install apps on the SD card for a long time now.

and what would i do with GPU and NFC on a Nokia? developers are coding apps for Android and iOS. symbian? it simply does not exist in the US market where most of the mobile development takes place.

symbian's open source launch was such a mega failure that nokia recently announced that they are shutting down all the sites related to it. they would only provide source code through disks. not online. not torrents.

Symbian Foundation axing websites on December 17th, source repositories available 'upon request' -- Engadget

apparently today is the date when the shut down happens!

and with nokia, you are stuck with nokia for your software updates. on android, there is an open source community out there developing mods for popular phones. and android updates come more frequently than nokia updates.

write of nokia easily? heh. nokia is killing itself by ignoring android platform. symbian has been discarded by all the other players in the market. Sony and samsung are no longer making symbian phones. nokia alone is making symbians.

if you want to talk about nokia, wait till meego launches. symbian is a dead platform.