Which HSPA datacard to buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tigerstyle9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 6,329

Tigerstyle9

ISP
MTNL
Hello everyone,I am in search of the best datacard (21Mbps or above) with decent signal reception (better than my phone-Nokia 5800XM) :embarrassed:. I came across these 3 cards:1.Huawei UMG 1831 (Trusted performance among most users)2.Huawei E353 (As a replacement of the older UMG1831. Does not support 2G bands :mad (2)🙂3.Huawei K4505 (Can be upgraded to 28Mbps by flashing with latest firmware. Dunno anything more than that about this)Please everyone help me out. I am in a dilemma which one to buy.PS- Any other suggestions will be highly appreciable. Also, i need the best signal reception (Most important thing).

Umg1831

Umg1831
Can you tell me more about its performance and signal reception indoors?? I barely get 2 bars (signal strength) of 3G inside my house. Will i get more signals using this modem?

nope u might not get extra bars by just upgrading ur modem..the modem is pretty good though..and has both 2G and 3G support and is best fr ppl looking fr both these support in 22MBps modems...bit of heating issues...nothing major though..

nope u might not get extra bars by just upgrading ur modem..

the modem is pretty good though..and has both 2G and 3G support and is best fr ppl looking fr both these support in 22MBps modems...bit of heating issues...nothing major though..

And what about K4505? Any better than UMG 1831?

well 2MBps is pretty much the basic speed that one gets now days..so u can forget abt ever getting those kind high speeds that K4505 is compatible with...rather in next 2yrs there is 4G coming probly will need to buy the modem again for now..1831 is more than enough..and if ur in 3G area..even E353 is good!

This might be kinda edgy.....You can also go for Micromax MMX352GAnd if you want to share the connection through Wi-Fi,there is a advanced version 400RAS a personal experience,MMX 352G is a good modem....has 2G,3G capability and also doesnt heat at all.....

On ebay its selling for abt 1900Rs... why wud someone buy it when similar modem for Huawei e173 costs 1400Rs or so.

On ebay its selling for abt 1900Rs... why wud someone buy it when similar modem for Huawei e173 costs 1400Rs or so.
i've heard that huawei has heating problems..... :/
But Micromax doesnt have those....

I bought the UMG1831 last week for Rs 2600 from ebay. Its been pretty stable indoors, speeds range from 1-1.5mbps indoors in Pune in my area (MTNL). In Bombay, I was getting 2-2.2mbps speeds. It does get hot but doesnt seem to affect its functioning. Overall, am happy with it so far.