Which Hatchback < 4 Lakh : "Chevrolet Beat LS" or "Ford Figo Petrol EXI" ?

• Thread starter Thread starter IrishIndian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 11,612

IrishIndian

ISP
Magnet
I am an Indian IT professional working abroad, looking to buy my first Hatchback which is priced less than 4 Lakh. The car would only would used it when I come for my holidays and very very rarely by my parents. I knows nothing about cars other than driving it.

I have narrowed my research on "Chevrolet Beat LS" & "Ford Figo Petrol EXI". Would you please advice which one to go for? Are there any new cars coming out in April - June 2010 that might be worth looking for? Or is there any other car you would suggest with good fuel efficiency+safety+comfortable+low maintenance cost?

you forgot Volkswagen Polo!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

personally i would stay away from ford cars. spares and service is supposed to be expensive.

Considering the minimal usage of the car, I think one with the least cost but good VFM makes more sense. I would recommend the Spark. 3 years free maintenance, good mileage, and extremely competitive pricing.

Saw the Beat a couple of days back on the road. I initially thought it was an accident hit Spark 😀

yeah it has that beaten up look 🙂

you forgot Volkswagen Polo!

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

personally i would stay away from ford cars. spares and service is supposed to be expensive.

Not very different from others now - with much localization.

@admin - Polo is the best. My freind drove it the other day and said it was too good. Only problem is that it has a 4 month waiting list!

Figo interiors are cool. It has the similar bluetooth connectivity that i paid a premium for in my Fiat Linea.Ford branding and reputation is the problem. Quality and costing of spares is a major issue.

well the car itself is an important factor but there are other issues as well..viz after sales service, cost of spares and re-sale value..i dont think ford is upto the mark in either of these aspects..even if resale is not an issue, after sales service and cost of spares would definitely be an issue..prolly the 2 cos that have these aspects best covered in india are Hyundai and Maruti

ford figo here is the ford fiesta in the international market. fiesta has been a hatchback in most markets i believe.

Ford figo isa total VFM for all the features it offers as compared to beat,also ample rear space....