Which gaming console is suitable for a 6 year old...

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Few years ago, the decision was simple. Get the Nintendo Wii. Today I am not so sure. The idea is to get a console that a six year old can play. Gesture based gaming. Something that requires movement. I am not sure which console is better for such a requirement... PS4 or Xbox One. Of course the pricing of the games does not help the cause. Recommendations and feedback is much appreciated!

PS: The console is not exactly for the kid. The idea is to have a console that even the kid can enjoy with dad and mom.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to state the obvious. Isn't six too young an age?

The possibilities with Kinect are endless though!

Upvote 0
the console is not aimed for her. the idea is cut her cartoon watching time with some interactive games that she can play with her father/mother. i assume there are a lot of physical games aimed at kids?

as for kinect... i thought ps4 also has motioned sensors attachment and that gaming sticks like the wii with a colored ball?

Upvote 0
For party and family purposes, Nintendo wii is awesome. Though nintendo is supposed to release new console towards end of this year or early next year so keep that in mind.

Upvote 0
xbox 360 with kinect is pretty cool, i tried it at croma retail, bowling, and some boxing ball game, it was interesting, its avail. for 13k on Amazon now. If it was 10k might have gotten it 😛 but it wont have halo 5 🙁 so its pretty much out for new games probably in halo series.

i really want to play halo series on any of the xbox, would be awesome if there was a service where by one can take xbox on rent or something for a while, don't really wanna keep it for long probably, don't like consoles, pc keyboard i find it more easy over consoles.

Upvote 0
Though its everyone own choice but I would suggest not to buy a 6 yr old such a thing like xbox one that can become addiction, harm health like eyes and make the kid become couch potato.

Upvote 0
ok. let me rephrase my question. my brother works in a high stress management job in deloitte. he wants a gaming console to chill out with his daughter during weekends. what xbox one variant to buy and what games that they can both enjoy together.

Upvote 0
Now situation changes. Buy 500 gb one. As for games, he can buy racing games that the kid will enjoy and play. Consoles games are mostly shooting games which young kids should avoid.

Upvote 0