• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,364

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
We get our clothes ironed by a dhobi who has his stall near our home and have never felt the need to buy an electric iron in last 15 years or so. Last time we bought an iron was in late 1980s and it was a Bajaj product. Now I'm looking to buy an iron because our dhobi is no longer reliable. So we need a backup.Now a days I see a lot of brands like Philips, Usha etc. in the Big bazaar and most have provision for water to spray water or steam on the clothes. There are many models of Philips available to make the matters even more confusing. I plan to use this to iron trousers and shirts that are worn in office normally.So what brand and model of electric iron should I buy?

😀 just buy any decent model from any decent brand. it is a freaking iron. anything would work. the more important thing is how you use it. because a perfectly functional iron would still burn cloths if not used properly.

So what brand and model of electric iron should I buy?
At my home everyone does self ironing. I have a Philips & Usha with steam feature. I suggest u go for Philips with steam starting @ Rs.1200/- onwards. IMHO..only rich and lazy go for dhobi..:tonguesmilie:.

I have Jaipan Steam Iron bought for 450bucks from Grey market 😛 Costs 950 in normal stores 😛 A very good steam iron indeed 🙂