Which DVD player can play max video formats??

• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 14,401

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
I need a DVD/CD player which can play max no. of formats like mp4,wmv,mov etcI am interested esp in wmv format. Any player plays wmv format???Out of brands like LG,Sony,Samsung or Philips

Anybody???

For now Onida DIVX player palys a maximum format.:dance: Even Sony DVIX will play some extent. For DIVX and DVD Onida is the best. Previously i was using ONIDA DVD and now i am using ONIDA DIVX. Both are excellent. :yahoo:

Also I have an external HDD of 250 GB, can any DVD player play files thru it

Also I have an external HDD of 250 GB, can any DVD player play files thru it

I think Phillps DVD player will come with USB port. This will play from HDD. :yahoo:

I bought Philips dvp 5986k after a lot of deliberation.Plays almost all formats which a windows media player can play (with k-lite installed)but cannot play MPEG4 or is it fmp4 don't know! (i encoded some using handbrake)rest it plays.about harddisk! it says only pendrive can play (the manual) but not of hard disk content because it will take a lot of processing (according to manual). never tried my 80 GB hdd on it!

take your hdd to a store and try to play on Philips & pioneerthe player that plays it correctly, buy that 😛i did the same when about 2 years back, i bought a divx player & i was quite skeptical whether the divx players will actually play .avi files :dance:

I have the Philips DVP 5965K. I've tried a pen drive, SD, microSD, 20GB HDD... it reads 'em all! It only supports FAT16 and FAT32 and your data is listed with short file names.It seems to have problems with multiple partitions. So you may need to create a single partition on your disk.

ohk! I have ntfs on my hdd, so guess it won't work, but still worth a try! i have 3 partitions in all! Also, the player recognizes only the first 8 characters of any file!

@tehelka05,i bought Philips DVP 3150 then (2 years back) which has capability to play divxhope to change soon to divx player with usb & hdmi support - most probably the same that u bought, i.e. DVP 5986K

I bought Philips dvp 5986k after a lot of deliberation.
Plays almost all formats which a windows media player can play (with k-lite installed)
but cannot play MPEG4 or is it fmp4 don't know! (i encoded some using handbrake)
rest it plays.

1) Hey Tehelka does it play wmv format??????
2) Also did u try HDD?

haven't tried anything yet. sorry but have en and will b busy!:redface:by what time are u plannin on buying one?I don't remember about wmv, but will try it also!