Which DTH to choose

• Thread starter Thread starter vsanjay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,753

vsanjay

ISP
BSNL
I'm sorry for not having searched/read forum posts before posting, but I just don't have the time to do that.I just returned from the US, and will be going back soon. Meanwhile, I'd like to setup DTH in our house (parents stay) before going back.I am especially interested in DishTV's new free STB offer, and its onetime no frills payment of Rs3990/-My requirements : Low initial cost + affordable annual cost.South telugu channels including SS MusicNational channels like Star package, Sony package, MTV, VH1 etc.I think I can choose my packages, but I'd like to know -which of the operators are the cheapest when it comes to initial installation etc. Also let me know prices for each DTH operator.- which operator provides cheapest second TV (STB) price, and what are the prices like for each operator.- How is each DTH service during thunderstorms/rains.- Is the DishTV's 3990/- offer for 12 months with DishMaxi really Rs.3990/- ? Or does it involve hidden costs?- Would SUN DTH bring more channels to its bouquet ? Please don't suggest Reliance BigTV as I don't have the time or the patience to wait for its launch.I appreciate your patience in reading/replying to this thread.

dish tv currently is the safest and cheapest mode to get dth here in india. provided u can find all the channels in their package... it works fine for me. got two connections at home.

Sushub.. How much do I have to shell out for the second connection, esp. with this free STB offer going on? Also, I'd need the second connection only for two months. Is that even possible? What are the various fees and formalities to be fulfilled for such a situation?And do you also get SS Music ?And thanks for the quick response!!

i think the first connection costs around 4k (everything included + 12 months subscription).second connection is 3k (everything included + 12 months subscription).considering at rs. 300 per month you would end up paying 3600 per year on a single tv...for two TVs, this deal proves to be cheaper and you get the stb and everything else for free. 🙂

As you want telugu channels, I can adivce you something,DONT ever go near for DD DTH

Best options for south indians is to go for sun dth.. they employ latest tech mpeg4 and also they added all channels in star package.. see sun dth forum for more details..

if you go to sun, you have to forget all star,sports, Sony networks for the moment ! it may get added later. If you think all your channels are there in dishtv, you can go for that at the moment. or wait till june 24th for launch of bigtv dth. they have more south indian channels !! price is not yet known !why dont you wait another 10-12 days than getting settled for what you are not interested 😛