Which DTH connection to take in 2020?

ISP
BSNL
I am planning to get a DTH connection for my parents.(tried fire stick + *optv and*reotv to much of hassle). What do you guys suggest is the best DTH right now? Should I get the Xstream? On Paper it looks interesting.

pure dth? i would stick to Tata Sky.

I haven't used airtel dth. Tata is definitely better than d2h and zee which are now the same entity.

Airtel might make sense if you already have airtel Broadband connection.

i mean i haven't had any issues since i got it. i dumped d2h when the new trai rules came in. d2h web ui for managing channels was shit. Tata Sky is not great but it is definitely better than what d2h had. i can manage the channels and packages from the mobile app. it allows streaming of subscribed channels in mobile app or in web browser. quality of the set top box and the remote is pretty good. enough recharging options. i am sure airtel has some if not all of these features. so might wait for others to post their views.

Start a new thread for new information/question!
Can anyone please tell if it is an Android STB, then can we use VPN on it to stream YouTube videos which are currently restricted in India ( which says "not available in your country"). I can stream them on my mobile using VPN but is it possible on Airtel xstream STB?
Thanks

i have airtel broadband and the service is fine but sometimes i don't like the hassle to connect to customer care i don't even use their calling feature that i get with the landline while buying the broadband i was told i can get the stb for 1500 deposit and plans can be as i choose the guy said a small lie that this offer was only valid for 7 days but its been 2 months and the app still shows the offer