• Thread starter Thread starter uthfull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,585

uthfull

Uthfull.org
ISP
Aitel U/L 512kbps
I need to create a working website for my schools ex students association. I wanted to know which CMS would suit my requirements.What I need is :ForumGalleryMailing ListBlogsChatI won't mind added attractions.Further, is there a way to categorize the students batch-wise... i mean a script for a CMS? Just a little line that can be displayed under their avatar like the one we have here on the forum regarding our net conenctionAny suggesstions???

drooopal / xoops / mambo all have above features builtin or by modules ( not sure abt chat but xoops has a module for it ) Last time i gave a trial to all cms's , i liked xoops it was pretty quick in configuration and loads of modules available on their huge community site . I didnt like mambo but droopal was also good . It was about a year before and all cms's have loads of changes now so you will have to try and see which suits ur needs . btw stay away from phpnuke/postnuke family ..

what about dragonfly cms?I wanted to integrate an alumni list or sumtin like that too.

Joomla / Mambo doesn't have a built in forum and its tough integrating a forum like SMF with it.Any suggesstions except for Drupal? I want a CMS with forum built in and not with a bridge.