• Thread starter Thread starter kambui
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 7,281

kambui

The Hardware Guy
ISP
BSNL Dataone Home 500 @ 256kbps
I am using E-trust....Its quite good.Last time I used mcafee it was good but very heavy.

currently using avast on win64 and win98se

lol avś 😛 All of that in list sucks . best are nod32 ( speed and accuracy) and kaspersky ( very deep scanning and hard to bypass ) .

well it does help that it's winning the best antivirus award in most comparison tests 😛 but yea finding the right antivirus is more a personal choice.. ppl say that nod32 is gud... i certainly like the interface reminds me of winamp - which i have ditched for itunes btw but it let a few bugs into my computer so switched to kaspersky and my computer has been clean for some time now.. heard that bit defender has an extremely good detection rate.. it was the best product in the pc world comparison.. and the latest vrersion of trend micro doesnt quiet measure upto the detection rate of the others.. say want u want abt symantec but it does have an extremely good detection rate.. its a lot of bloat though and it tends to crash a lot..p.s. can we have a best firewall thread too 😛 i want to ditch my zonealarm.. dont u just hate it when u r playin games and they suddenly minimize to desktop bec the piece of junk firewall wants to configure internet access for some application 🙄

I have tried practically all major antivirus software. I have boiled down to Kaspersky. Anyways, dont take my word. Try it out for yourself and see the difference.

Trend Micro pc-cillin internet security is the best i've seen, though i am yet to use NOD32. I prefer to have a total security pack rather than to have an antivirus and a firewall seperately. Virus scan is very powerful and firewall is also very good.

every one got me wrong......I asked "which antivirus do you use" .......not which is the best 😛Its suprising no one goes for the leaders Norton and Macafee is voted the best by leading pc magazine digit

Originally posted by kambui@Mar 14 2006, 12:59 PM
every one got me wrong......I asked "which antivirus do you use" .......not which is the best 😛

Its suprising no one goes for the leaders Norton and Macafee is voted the best by leading pc magazine digit
[snapback]44497[/snapback]
[/quote]

I answeredyour question right!! give me full marks! 😛😛

And anyone who knows a thing about PC performance, will tell you Norton (the newer versions) went downhill long ago.