Which ADSL Modem to buy compatible with MTNL?

drmulchandani

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband 999 Unlimited
Hi,Ok a few months ago I had asked a similar question regarding a wireless router but this is different.I now have decided to stay with MTNL and have upgraded to the 999 unlimited plan.I was just thinking of buying a modem of my own and returning the one MTNL gave me to stop paying rent!Is there any modem in the market which I can use for the adsl line that is compatible with MTNL and also with my buffalo WHR-HP-54G wireless router.I am not looking for a 3 in one as my networking at home is a little complicated and the wireless router and modem are gonna be at different locations around the house! Waiting for suggestions on the modem

The rent might be waived off on Unlimited plans..better to wait for a month..

Switch to combo plan and book wireless router.Earlier they used to charge Rs. 150/-for all plans, now they will only charge Rs. 20/- per month. Monthly saving- Rs. 130/-Yearly saving- 1560/-(cost of a new ADSL router) same with non wifi router, 50 bucks in 2009 compared to 80 bucks in 2008

I think i will wait till me next bill and see if its free for unlimited plans!

Switch to combo plan and book wireless router.
Earlier they used to charge Rs. 150/-for all plans, now they will only charge Rs. 20/- per month.

Monthly saving- Rs. 130/-
Yearly saving- 1560/-(cost of a new ADSL router)

same with non wifi router, 50 bucks in 2009 compared to 80 bucks in 2008
It was not Rs 150/- but Rs 100/- before. Now I think it is Rs 50/- for wireless and wired.
Rs 20/- is related to only those who also have VOIP or IPTV I think.

Don't really want a combo plan but will wait to see for the rent with unlimited plans as they have already changed my plan

same with non wifi router, 50 bucks in 2009 compared to 80 bucks in 2008

I'm still charged 80 bucks on an almost 2 yr old router
Not to mention the 500 upfront non refundable deposit they charged in the beginning 😡

Exactly my point skorpio so If I am still charged next month I will prob give it up and pick up the Netgear modem