Which 4G unlocked usb modem will you recommend

• Thread starter Thread starter jags
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,048

jags

ISP
airtel
I was planning to buy Tata Photon usb modem, but then I came across timewasteblog.com/2010/12/17/unlocked-best-cheap-3g-data-card-bsnl-airtel-reliance/and then I shifted my focus to getting an unlocked usb modem. Just today I read that Airtel will launch 4g in Delhi. So it makes sense to invest in a 4G modem. Can anyone recommend a good 4G usb modem which will also work with a 3G sim.Thanks

airtel will not launch 4G in delhi unless they buy Qualcomm which has 4g licence in delhi..as of now i think unlocked 4g dongles are not available in india,and 4g which has been started in india does not support 3g/2g compatibility.....

Better to wait until 4G is launched on wide scale in India. Until that if we buy any device, its not sure to support 4G network planned in India (frequency, etc technicalities).

@svk: yes. I think you have nailed it correctly. "its not sure to support 4G network". There are 3g+4g usb modems available at ebay.in but they are too few in numbers. And I have not been able to find an article in support of those models. I guess I will have to take a risk (keeping in mind dealer's reputation). I personally feel that 4g will pickup soon. But unfortunately I cant wait too much! I will have to choose b/w Huawei E353 or E368. I just hope they work on 3G.

4g huawei | eBay

@anubhav: please see the above link

@svk: you nailed it correctly! 4G is still making its entry in India. But i personally feel that its better to invest in a 4g with backward compatibility with 3G at this stage. I cant wait too long so I guess I need to deciDE B/W Huawei E353 or E368 (4g huawei | eBay) ..I will have to take a risk based on dealer's reputation

its a matter of time . When 3G was launched initially the modems were expensive and with time priSent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5cezces came down. Expect the same for4G, with time prices will come down as more players start providing the service.

^ Qualcomm has already authorised Airtel to roll out 4G services in four of its circles including Delhi and Mumbai.

That is bad 🙁

with airtel nothing but insane prices and crap data !

Don't buy 4G modems right now. Because Indian 4G is LTE-TDD on 2.3GHz band, which is not deployed commercially in any other countries. China is doing trials over this band. So Airtel brought specific modems for their network support. Huawei E392 is the best 4G modem, but there are many variants of this model as per operators' request!