Which 3G connection are you using in Punjab ?

• Thread starter Thread starter farmboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,620

farmboy

Regular
ISP
BSNL 1000 upto 2 Mbps
Hi,Since Punjab region has very few options to choose from so far as 3G is concerned as Airtel,Vodafone have not been alloted 3G spectrum in Punjab.Idea has not started 3G yet it in Punjab and is not expected to do so soon,due to some litigation concerning Spice Telecom.So please share which 3G connection are you using in Punjab and what is your experience with it so far ?Although BSNL 3G speed was alright earlier,I am getting speeds similar to GPRS today !Thanks

Has the problem with speed existed for long or is it a one off thing ?

I tested 3g yesterday and it's giving hopeless speeds.Since I use BSNL broadband 1350 which gives average speed of 1.6 mbps I dont feel the need to use 3g when at home. Yesterday I tested 3g just out of curiosity,speeds are too slow.The signature shows what they were earlier last year.

Worth a complain ?I'm browsing via mobile so I can't see your signature. Shouldnt the 1350 plan give you 4 mbps ideally ?

Worth a complain ?

I'm browsing via mobile so I can't see your signature. Shouldnt the 1350 plan give you 4 mbps ideally ?

I have never experienced speeds more than 2 Mbps on BSNL Broadband.

Earlier the speed had decreased to below 1 Mbps,but after a complaint I am getting around 1.66 Mbps.The engineer who increased the speed told me on phone that he had done maximum he could do from his side,so I am content that I am getting 1.66 Mbps constantly.

4 Mbps for the 1350 plan is only on paper,not in reality.

Could you open up the modem settings page and check your sync rate.

Could you open up the modem settings page and check your sync rate.

How to do that for Landline Broadband as well as 3G on laptop ?

In actual BSNL 3G says u will get speeds upto 7.2Mbps.Now due to practical reasons u may get speeds upto 5-5.5Mbps.Wireless connections can never be accepted to be speed reliable as the operator has several answers to the question of not getting good speeds :1. signal strength is low2. large number of users3. atmospheric interferenceusually as the number of users grow operators operators throttle the connection speeds thus effectively capping the speeds to a low amount.BSNL has done the same in many circles and same will most telecom companies do.Seriously what will happen if an unlimited plan comes out (speed capping to 1mbps probably)

@farmboyWhat DSL modem do you have ?Ill post the instructions accordingly.@junk_lordThat is certainly not true.