Where is FTTH available in Delhi?

• Thread starter Thread starter vaibhav_vc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 18,028
ISP
MTNL
I want a fibre connection for better pings for gaming, using a MTNL broadband as of now(decent connection, 40-60 pings in india servers in mumbai, hyderabad etc), since MTNL FTTH seems the cheapest i would like to have it only. Any idea what areas it is available in general?I myself live uttam nagar(near vikas puri and janak puri) so it would be great it someone can confirm its availability here.

MTNL does not yet provide a map to show serviceable areas.
Hence you will have to go to your nearest telephone exchange in person and ask them if they can provide your house with FTTH or VDSL.
That is the only way to know for sure.

Spectranet Broadband powered by FOX (Fiber Optic Xperience) enjoy speeds of 16 Mbps with tens of gigabytes of data usage that puts them among the top 1% of internet users in India. This makes us the network of choice for thousands of customers in National Capital Region of Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Chennai.

I reached out to MTNL yesterday to see the possibility of an FTTH connection in Tilak Nagar, West Delhi. The incharge at Rajouri Garden Sanchaar Haat was willing to help in case I can gather atleast 20 people interested in taking the service. FTTH cabling requires an investment and they are willing to do so only when they are assured of the getting customers.

Its the old game of chicken and egg I guess.

I reached out to MTNL yesterday to see the possibility of an FTTH connection in Tilak Nagar, West Delhi. The incharge at Rajouri Garden Sanchaar Haat was willing to help in case I can gather atleast 20 people interested in taking the service. FTTH cabling requires an investment and they are willing to do so only when they are assured of the getting customers.

Its the old game of chicken and egg I guess.

How far is the police station from your residence? If not too far it may be easy to get FTTH - actually, MTNL provides only FTTC at the moment. Also, being in a housing society helps. Anyway, I wrote to the GM of my exchange in BCP and nothing happened. Then, I wrote to the CMD and we got FTTC in our colony. It helps that the OFC to the police station passes by at not more than 200m from the MTNL cabinet that serves our society.

Hi
I have been trying to get a MTNL FTTH in Delhi. I live in Hauz-Khas, just behind the telephone exchange about 150 meters away. Going to the telephone exchange doesn't help. There was a post some one writing to CMD, please provide contact details to do so. Thanks
Arun