Where do my posts go?

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
I just noticed that if i post something and again go to the same post, it doesn't show my last post.Any idea why? :redface:

what do you mean?what do u mean again?what do you mean once again?

Yep I am facing this problem as well since upgrade. Actually, whenever we post using quick reply method....and next time we visit the post, I loads the cache only. Just reload the page and u will see the post. A nasty bug of vbulletin....it seems.....maybe the problem is only with Opera.

its a problem with opera caching... especially with nice URL where it tries to load the page from cache only... that's why i have this setting turned on...

this way opera ignores the cache after 5 minutes...

you would face this problem with any site that uses a static page like link structure.

heh IPB never had cool linking structure. one of the primary reason i ditched it. now, i had wished if opera had site specific setting for caching. it does not currently. so you would have to change the settings for entire browser which i know would not be something you had like.

i think vB or vBSEO shud be having cache-expire option to send to browsers which tells browser when any page expires. u might want to set it to some low value.

the point is that this problem does not occur for me atleast with firefox and ie.i face the same cache problem on bbpress forums. only on opera.

umm i like the caching ability of opera largely... but as the new posts are made through ajax... they are shown instanteneously... 😱i turned on the no-cache thingy in vb backend. it is supposed to put more load on the server... but should not be a problem due to lack of traffic on the forum...

i think no-cache shud only be enabled for html pages and not images or javascripts. it wudnt load server by much because the page wud anyway have to be refreshed to see new posts.