Whee! Currently logged on w/o sify client

• Thread starter Thread starter ujjwal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,891

ujjwal

Regular
Yup ... I dunno how long it will last, but currently I am accessin the www without their client, even after a fresh boot.This is what I did, though I dunno exactly why it worked, I guess the client could not send a message back that I had logged off, so i am permanently connected, well, atleast for a while 😉I deleted the annoying hbsbeat.exe file from the sify broadband directory.Then ctrl+alt+deled the bbclient when logged in.Restarted the system.Ah ... thats 8MB less of my 64MB RAM ....BTW, anyone knows whether an older version of the client exists? Which is low on resources? Or better, a dos based text client (like the linux one)? Lets request them to atleast make 3.0 eat much less ram, considering the fact that its job is a simple one ..........

someone should reverse engineer this client and make a better client that actually is user friendly. 🙁also, if u just terminate the client after logging in, you remain logged in. 😕 i do that when i have to set the download manager to shut down windows after completing a download. the stupid client as for 2 clicks if i shutdown my PC without logging off from sify's server. one of the biggest nuisance imo.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 19 2004, 09:40 AM
the stupid client as for 2 clicks if i shutdown my PC without logging off from sify's server. one of the biggest nuisance imo.
[snapback]958[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, it's a big nuisance. I hate it.

indian websites and software s*ck at usability. they should hear some lectures from dr. Jakob Nielsen.

So this means ujjwal is surfing , using his own account ?or he is connected , via someone else account :mellow:

he is surfing on his own account without the stupid client running in the background.

Originally posted by ujjwal@Oct 19 2004, 09:06 AM
Ah ... thats 8MB less of my 64MB RAM ....

BTW, anyone knows whether an older version of the client exists? Which is low on resources? Or better, a dos based text client (like the linux one)? Lets request them to atleast make 3.0 eat much less ram, considering the fact that its job is a simple one ..........
[snapback]954[/snapback]
[/quote]

On my comp it takes only 540kb of memory

the client takes 8 MB of RAM of 256MB for me. if you have less MB memory it will occupy less and remaining will be in the virual memory.

could you please move this to the backroom.. so that some tight a$$ from sify doesn't see it and make sure it doesn't work in the next version of the client??and since we've begun on the client.. a five year old could have done a better job of coding it.. well a 12 yo mabe :lol:

Nah i dont think therez ne need to do it.This is for the fact, i have many a times logged on where it logs me in but never shows ne name that who is logged in. This is forthat fact their server keeps developin problems.Sify dudes r already aware of this kinda problem, which they say they r tryin to solve.

It takes 8MB of my 64MB RAM, which is why I use the modified one. Which version do you use btw? And how did you check the memory occupied? Maybe older versions were lighter :/ a lot could also be due to those blue bmp files.