WhatsApp Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,620
  • Views Views 163,130
If i m not mistaken, the battery life is good, coz u dont have to use much of Internet except for receiving emails right? I m not generalising, but i just happened to check the battery of my Nokia N78 - it was just 1200mAH, but still it lasted 2-3 days on 1 full charge. The simple reason that i can see is that i didnt use it much for internet. At max i used it for some messaging, a few calls, and checking mail. And the moment i used it to listen to music for some hours on the trot, the battery would start to give in fast.

a lot of people do not need much from their phones. that's a fact. and a lot of people do not want to spend more than 10-15K on a phone.

Long time ago I had seen a news stating that RIM would be rolling out BBM for Android, and even a screengrab of a beta version running on Android. Wonder what happened to this plan.

that screenshot was largely a bad photoshop. rim has not revealed any plans to launch bbm for competing platforms. they gain nothing from doing so. bbm is one app that probably has forced a lot of people to stay with their platform. unless their change their business model to become a service/platform provider, they are not going to launch bbm for other platforms. 🙂 it would be a stupid mistake to do so!

Sushubh....Point is right. I too used to think the same. In fact, many of my family members felt the same. But after seeing what the iPhones & the Android based phones could do, i felt that i was wrong. The utility that these phones offer can be understood only after checking it out. When we dont own it, we feel its luxury. But when we own it, we suddenly start realising its utility.

People who buy a Blackberry to use it as one, would find it hard to switch to other platforms. BB is exceptional when it comes to email and messaging, and just no other OS comes close (the Nokia E series does to a large extent, but BB still wins it strictly talking about messaging and emails). I know a lot of folks who find it hard to type on glass. I myself find it weird, but my usage is such that I do not have the need to type a lot on the phone. When I have to, I use my laptop. Typing on phones sucks.

----------

The utility that these phones offer can be understood only after checking it out. When we dont own it, we feel its luxury. But when we own it, we suddenly start realising its utility.
True only to an extent. I own a reasonably high end Android (Desire HD), and a mid-range (near high end at the time of purchase) Nokia. The former as you know has an app store with gazillion apps, and the latter is close to zero (relatively). However, I end up using the Symbian far more than the Android. Simply because what I need comes bundled in most phones - barring the iPhone. Apps are but a distraction when I have nothing else to do. What I came to realise after extensive usage of my phones is that all I need is something which can show me some updates without me having to do a lot of swipes or clicks - a bunch of widgets. I have some on my home screen, and for the rest I prefer the desktop.

I too can say that Blackberry has already started loosing users. Take the case of my office, around 70% users have already moved out from Blackberry to iPhone and SGS/SGS2 and they're quite happy with it, and it cuts down the cost too. In some months, our office would be shutting down the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Charging for it will drive away some users(although the charges are perfectly reasonable), they could offer an alternative to users between having an ad supported version or paying 1$/year.

Hahaha going by me rep, I don't think I even need to tell what side I will take! 😀 I have already bookmarked an alternative app similar to Whatsapp, which is free!

@ x270...All are more or less like me. They will shift the moment Whatsapp becomes chargeable! 😀

I am x720 , not 270 !
😛

So i have put the "x" before "270"...😛