What's the status of Amazon, Grofers, BigBasket, Flipkart etc in your city?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 55,567
So as part of the extended lockdown till July 5th, Grofers, Amazon and BigBasket did not allow anything to be ordered. Flipkart did not have a few things that are needed, so decided to wait it out. I guess the others are still figuring it out if are in a position to take orders as they not yet allowing to place orders.

@mhsabir Did tn govt allow ecommerce for non-essentials ??

Maybe I was just having too much expectation of companies to be ready on the day of re-opening. Today I was able to place order with a delivery date of Thursday for both Grofers and BigBasket.

Will confirm when items actually arrive 😕

@vignesh_venkatesan non essentials resumed from e-commerce in Chennai ? According to TN government they can deliver both now. I think still TN government is playing game on this by not giving proper clearance.

@vignesh_venkatesan non essentials resumed from e-commerce in Chennai ? According to TN government they can deliver both now. I think still TN government is playing game on this by not giving proper clearance.
Govt has allowed ecommerce for non essentials.
But Amazon is taking time on their end.. Deliveries will start within next couple of days.
I'm at my parent's house which in the outer edge of the city bordering outer ring road and this place has a Thiruvallur district pincode so I'm getting my orders delivered from first week of July.

Last edited:
Holy shit !!!

Flipkart opened up in Chennai after 4.5 months 😆 Everything is delivered to my pin code now !!! Still Amazon taking their time. @vignesh_venkatesan

Screenshot-20200801-113627.jpg

Last edited:
it's kind of annoying because 2 hour delivery was the only option shown (before 2pm). no other slot in coming days. so if i were not to be at home today, i cannot even place an order because no one would be there to collect it.

they also have a new option available where i can order vegetables and fruits and they would deliver it in the morning freshly picked from mandis.

p99hw3K.webp

Did they deliver under half an hour?
they also have a new option available where i can order vegetables and fruits and they would deliver it in the morning freshly picked from mandis.
At what time do they deliver at the earliest in the morning?