What's the minimum recharge to send SMS on Vodafone Idea/Airtel/Reliance Jio/BSNL?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deb_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 56,653
this probably explains why i was not able to reset upi password of this guy in the local market. he probably did a regular talktime recharge which did not enable sms.

Just posting here so that readers get non-biased info.

Every private telecom operator in India (Jio, Vi, Airtel) has stopped outgoing calls and SMS without active packs. You can no longer use your balance for outgoing calls or sms..

Also all three above mentioned operators need a minimum recharge of ₹128 to enable outgoing SMS facility.

There're differences in the benefits offered but if you're looking to port out, it really doesn't make much difference.

Vi
₹129: 2Gb + 300 SMS. 24 days validity

Jio
₹127: 12Gb + 100/day SMS. 15 days validity

Airtel
₹129: 1Gb + 300 SMS. 24 days validity

Minimum recharge Rs. 49 pack for 28days validity is still there in Vi....... which Airtel has discontinued....

What will happen If I didn't do the minimum recharge other than barring incoming calls and sms. Are they immediately cancel my connection and assign my number to new guy?

What about 79 rupee plan that has talktime and validity? Would it also not work for making outgoing calls?

Jio
₹129: 2GB FUP (Post unlimited data @ 64Kbps) + 300 SMS. 28 days validity. Listed under value plan.

There is also ₹98 14 days 1.5GB/day plan SMS shown as N/A should check if main balance amount can be used for SMS

If validity pack completed should check and renew packs with SMS, to send port out sms, in all networks

Last edited by a moderator:
What about 79 rupee plan that has talktime and validity? Would it also not work for making outgoing calls?
That would work for 28 days after recharge till expiry of validity. Incase of expiry of talktime, further deductions would be made from your main balance for calls, data till 28 days if no recharge made.
No outgoing sms. For that, minimum ₹128 recharge.

that's what i am asking coz the first post says this:

Every private telecom operator in India (Jio, Vi, Airtel) has stopped outgoing calls and SMS without active packs. You can no longer use your balance for outgoing calls or sms..

i am asking for my househelp who does not need sms. but needs to make outgoing calls.

so i would need to do a 79 recharge once a month and rest of the times i can do the 100 rupee topup? i guess this is manageable.

To put in simple words, you help would need some amount of main balance. To avail telephony services he will have to do a minimum recharge of ₹79. The main balance would be used if he expires his ₹64 talktime and he doesn't do any recharge upto 28 days.