What's the future of Tata Docomo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

ISP
Tata
With the split process between Tata and Docomo in complete mess and loads of debt, what would be the future of this company ?. They don't seem to have plans of launching 4G too. Will they shut down or some foreign operator will make investment and turn things around.

What are your opinions on the future of Tata Teleservices ?.

P.S: I still feel bad for the situation of Tata as I write this line. Their CDMA network was undoubtedly the best I have ever used.

Given the market conditions, someone would buy them out if they reach a point that they do not or cannot continue. India is lucrative and everyone wants to be in telecom sector.

But the main negative thing for a operator to buy it out is that its all spectrum is administrative allotted and hence one has to pay govt to convert that spectrum open for use by any technology, and with the auction coming containing all the spectrum available, it has to be seen who buys or partners them and if that happens it would be a dirt cheap deal.

Agree. Everyone if focusing on broadband penetration whether its wireless or wire line these days but tata should have been a pioneer by now as they have been in this segment since the vsnl days, they have good optical network, have most of the landing stations for global optical.
They retuned back excess spectrum in 800mhz band to govt. and now 4g is also not possible.

Well bro TATA really don't have deep broadband penetration. They could have proved much better ISP than Airtel if they had coverage. I just checked their coverage of BB from their website they have cover only 14 states. Even they don't have coverage in UP. 🙁

Well bro TATA really don't have deep broadband penetration. They could have proved much better ISP than Airtel if they had coverage. I just checked their coverage of BB from their website they have cover only 14 states. Even they don't have coverage in UP. 🙁

Tata (Teleservices / Communications) has over 700,000 KM+ OFC network worldwide. In India also they have very good coverage and maybe second to BSNL ?, not really sure. I see their line going near my place where only BSNL/BBNL has OFC. I think they are mostly into enterprise sector. Tata's mostly stay silent and does not publicize much. Maybe that's why we don't have clear picture of their network capacity. I maybe totally wrong though.

There was reports of AT&T, Verizon etc entering India. Both AT&T and Verizon have refused reports. But I feel that they may make entry during upcoming auction. Tata should be the best partner to these companies.

If Tata wishes to continue in this sector, they need support from foreign telecom company. It's almost impossible to make existing business profitable on their own. Tata Sons has just Rs.1-2k crore cash reserves after paying penalty to Docomo IIRC.

Tata is the roadblock of Indian broadband market. Vsnl riped off customers for many years.

I wish Ratan tata hold vision for broadband like he did for cars n nano things would be different. Old school boy he is same with cyrus mistry.
It's better they sell of telco business as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.