What's the deal on Reliance Mobile world?

• Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 4,397
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
Now that I have activated GPRS on my phone, I am curious about the service provider that has been providing this facility for the longest time and even on the cheapest handsets.So, has any reliance mobile phone user here checked out the VAS offerings on Rel. Mobile world? What kind of content do they provide? Is it any good? How is the surfing experience on reliance phones? I've heard that the rates can be a rip-off...

N

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
I checked out their services around 2002 or 3. At that point of time it was completely free and you could view some movie and news clips.However it was not GPRS and was using some other tech.But the phone I saw was a low-end B&W LG Phone and viewing clips was funny.

C

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
yes, it was more like browsing the internet on Reliance server :pat that time it had very lil stuff...now those buggers have made it a paid service and since then i've deactivated it :p

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
I browsed it on a Nokia 2865 recently - one thing I noticed is faster connectivity compared to my Airtel GPRS. Billing is very confusing to figure out - for some type of browsing you are charged at 10p per kpbs others are charged per download. Even now, content is very limited...
I was just seeing
Virgin Mobile

Which is also a CDMA service but carries so much cooler VAS Content. I just feel Reliance has not been able to maximise the user experience despite having a good technology.

C

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
but one should agree that it has most of the important stuff...like rail reservation/status, exam results, and all that stuff...may be it doesn't have too much content, but it's useful...

M

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
True...incidentally I found out that nearly a quarter of Reliance Phone customers use the service!

Status
Not open for further replies.