• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,166

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
The question actually is what can someone do with a stolen username and p@$$word of an unlimited connection which almost everyone on this forum has.Firstly to use it he has to have a connection with the local CTO/BA. It wouldn't be feasible for him to connect to the SU with his own LAN cable since such things would be easily detected.Secondly what advantages will he get by stealing others' account information if he himself has an unlimited account? None unless his account gets expired and he decides to access the internet at someone else's expense. Now when the victim would be offline he wouldn't be facing any financial losses due to the cracker's misuse in this case. But the victim won't be able to log on when he wants to if the cracker is already logged on. In that case the victim can call Customer Care and the cracker will be tracked.One malicious thing that can happen on an Unlimited package is that the cracker decides to change the victim's p@$$word. In that eventuality the victim won't have any access to the internet and will be dependable on Customer Care to attend to his problem at their leisure.So basically in my opinion, this is what is wrong with plain text p@$$words. They are readable by anyone on the same LAN as you. But I believe if the local CTO/BA is aggressive enough this can be very easily checked from his end when a customer suspects he is being cracked and complains to him. Of course it might be easily checked just by 1 phone call to the Customer Care too. Just depends on their willingness to attend to your problems 🙂

only a problem for hour based packages.

If we talk about monetary losses to the Sify customers, yes 🙂

well i can tell ya how to use anothers p@$$word without being caught by sify or CTO. but cant put it here. maybe the damn sify people will be able to trace it to melol. all it needs is just a little tool and little bit of tinkiring with ur lan cardwell u know where to contact me

You can do all sorts of things. And getting caught is very easy too 😉.It's suggested that you don't give people the wrong kinds of ideas on this forum 😉 .

YEah procedures should be hidden 😛h34r: . Sify is very vulnearble