What to do when your mobile gets stolen?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lokesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 17,747

Lokesh

Regulars
ISP
Trib 649_Combo
my mobile got stolen today!:wall:
man, felt like end of world! the thief doing crank calls from my mob. to all in the phone lists. pathetic! finally got the sim blocked, but the damage had been done!

but the question is what to do when your mobile gets stolen (or "lost" as police states it!).

1. first and foremost block the outgoing calls by calling the customer care of your network! (believe me, this is the first thing you should do!)
NOTE: DO so if you know that it's definitely stolen. if u just kept it somewhere and forgot about it, give a call and try to find out where it is.
If it's switched off, chances are you will never see it again! so block the sim.

2. go to the nearest police station and if not possible, any police station near your house and file an FIR stating you lost (yes, lost and not stolen) your mobile nearby!

3. request for duplicate SIM.

4. FORGET ABOUT YOUR LOST MOBILE PHONE!

well that's what i have realized should be done to sustain least damage! any other thing one should do? please do reply here!

PS: i wrote this thread, just to feel a little lite on head and to cool down! am very much disappointed with the way my mobile was mis-used for some cheap fun the thief's had!
someone had a similar situation? please do share it here! though don't know if i did the right thing (by making this thread) but only the time will tell!

the airtel guys blocked the sim card (said it will take an hour to do so! so please block as early as possible!). the duplicate card came by 4 pm today itself! i was happy by their prompt service!
now just waiting for new mobile!🙂

one more thing, can't the service providers (airtel, hutch , etc ) block the mobile phone too by IMEI no. ? the CC said they can't, they can't even trace the calls as to from which nearby tower they were made! how can this be?

they can block the phone - but for that they need to mantain a common registry for that - these people don't want it as it can affect them widely as approx 20% mobiles in the market are stolen ones...

heh i lost my cell once. i went to the station to report the FIR. the dudes told me to go to the court get some sort of an affadavit. knowing how good the lawyers and the dudes outside the local courts are... i decided to get a new card.

my sympathies for you.losing a cell phone causes loads of troubles.

but has anyone tried ime code that blocks your phone

From Techtree.com: India's Technology Daily Log in and get the details
For every cellphone user, it may be interesting to know that a Navi Mumbai based company has developed software based tracking device for cellphones. Although it cannot tell you the exact location with accuracy, it can tell you under which GSM transmission tower it works. However, the best part of the software is; if the SIM has been replaced by the finder of the lost phone, that new SIM number will be send to a second mobile registered at the time of activating the service, by SMS so that you ....

UNQUOTE

Well U cant do anything about it in IndiaRun to police, give them money, get FIR all is horrible stuff & U have to pay moneySo better forget & Get a new Cell

Buy a new one(mobile phone).Your mobile service provider will provide u a sim with ur original no. at a reasonable rates.get that also.🙁🙁

there is a police station in prashant vihar/nagar (near pitampura) which specializes in recovering stolen mobile phones.. if u have the time then take a copy of proof of purchase and a FIR for the stolen phone...they are nice ppl there .. i had gone there last year and it was not like any police station i had seen .. the dudes actually wanted to help me ... anyways best of luck (no they cud not trace my phone as i had gone there more than a month after my phone got stollen but i know somebody who did get his cell traced thru them)