what should the ideal tranfer rate be ?

• Thread starter Thread starter thecoolone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,771
32kBps and 8kBps

X kbps / 8 = Y kBpsthat's how u get the theoretical speed...but the practical speed is around 10-15% less...

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Aug 3 2005, 02:40 AM
that's how u get the theoretical speed...but the practical speed is around 10-15% less...
[snapback]19718[/snapback]
[/quote]

thata only in DSL

For the rest if u get 70% of the said speed cosnider your self lucky

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Aug 3 2005, 11:02 AM
For the rest if u get 70% of the said speed cosnider your self lucky
[snapback]19799[/snapback]
[/quote]

But since i get 130%, i'm very grateful.....

BTW, is the speed gain/loss different for net thro cable and Dsl?

in that way i get 200% on my 48kbps...but dont know how much i will get from the new plans

Originally posted by avinds@Aug 3 2005, 06:46 PM
in that way i get 200% on my 48kbps
[snapback]19807[/snapback]
[/quote]

ok now im kinda confused !! 😛
how r u gettin 200% when i cant even get 80% from my 256kbps connection ??

No confusion there. Look ,now every damn ISP has the donwload limit so it doensnt matter what speed they give. They want us to finish off the limit so they cud charge us more. Thats the case with sify. Before that 200Mb per day download limit they hardly used to give the said speed and after that limit all the speeds increased beyond the said value. No probs for that. And as reg getting 80% on a dsl connection . That will be approx 200kb/sec for a 256 connection which is tolerable. Consider this ...only rhe 48kbps from sify has got guite good speeds. Rest of the packs have avg speeds and now they have removed this 48kbps pack officially (execpt for those which are available thru CTO's which will get expired soon). So doesnt make much of a diff if u get good speed on a slow pack .Reg DSL there is no contention ratio, so no fear of speed getting divided, but the major prob with DSL connection is as far as u move from the exchange the speeds get slower due to low SNR margins. As for a good conenction there are some disturbances and losses take place in a conenction so u wud prob get 80-85% of the said speed.

airtel has no download limits on both their unlimited packages. i guess you should think before you generalise all the ISPs in India.