What should be the download speed of a 4 Mbps connection? (Rs. 1350 plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Nick-D
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 30,344

Nick-D

ISP
BSNL 1350 Speed Upto 4 Mbps.
Hi everyone,I have Bsnl 1350 plan. My download speed is around 200-250 Kbps. I think its the half of what should be given by bsnl. Am i right? Secondly, I used to have Home 500 plan before and the download speed in that was around 180 kbps-210 kbps. I have checked both connections with torrents (with awesome no. of seeds) and link-removed kind of websites and also microsoft website.Please let me know if i should contact the bsnl peple for this or is this the max. speed they will give?Regards,NitinChandigarh

Contact BSNL. If you are on a 4mbps plan, your download speed should be close to 500kbytes/s. What is your attainable line rate?

Contact BSNL. IF you are on a 4mbps plan, your download speed should be close to 500kbps. What is your attainable line rate?
Pasting everything from the modem.

DSL Status Connected
Downstream Data Rate 4189 kbps
Upstream Data Rate 863 kbps
Max Att Downstream Rate 25700 kbps
Max Att Upstream Rate 1191 kbps
SNR (Downstream) 39.55 dB
SNR (Upstream) 17.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 13.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 2.0 dB

Very good stats. No problem. Try downloading a service pack from Microsoft again. It should download at 500kbytes/s. Have you run a speed test to get an approx. idea of your speed?

In layman's term, you should be able to download approximately 1600 MB data in 1 hour. 🙂

I am on the same plan 1350 ULD and here is my speedtest result

And yes, for downloading, your speed should be around 400 - 500 kbps max. That's what I get while downloading through torrents

Your modem stats look very good - so maybe it's a temp server problem at BSNL or at the one from which you're downloading

Run a speedtest from speedtest.net and see how much you get there

Download speed should be (Connection speed/8) so on 4mbps it should be 1024*4= 4096Max attainable Speed on downloads 4096/8 = 512 max.

so for me it shoule like 1024*30= 32768 and max speed should be 32768/8 = 4096 max = 4 MBps but I get 5.4 MBps or so around ....