What router is being provided by Airtel on new Xstream Fiber Connections?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 70865
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 32,910
D

Deleted member 70865

Please in future, start a new thread for new information/question!
also does anyone know which router are they providing with new fiber connections ?

Hi ,
My 1 GBPS plan has this new router now , I am very upset since my Speed has dropped from 1.1 Gbps ( Old router ) to 800 to 900 Mbps

6f57xR6.webp

CzmcMxy.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Has anyone got a connection very recently ? Which router is provided ? Is it the Dasan ONT . Provide the location details also if you have got one
I took the 200 Mbps connection around 10 days ago in Nagpur. They provided a DragonPath Technologies router to me. It is probably being white labeled by Airtel, as the packaging has "imported by Bharti Airtel Ltd." written on it. They said Nokia routers are out of stock and now only these will be provided, at least in my region.

Upvote 0
^ +1 same for my city in Uttarakhand. Nokias are completely out. They have even run out of ZTE.

m_prad - could you please post a pic of the router ? Any word on its performance?

Upvote 0
From what I read on the forum, they are providing ONTs from different manufacturers, whichever seems to be in stock atm:
1) Nokia G-140W-F
2) Huawei HG8145V5
3) Nokia G-2425G-A
4) ZTE
5) Sercomm AOT-4221SR

Which one of the above is stable enough to support gigabit speeds wirelessly cause I doubt Airtel would provide me the Dasan ONT in case I switch to the gigabit plan in the future.
Which one supports bridge mode by default cause I tinker around a lot and do not want to contact Airtel every time to enable bridge mode from backend.

TLDR Which is the best ONT from the above lot

Upvote 0
@MadAxe I think in Huawei ont you can enable bridge mode without contacting airtel. For gigabit speeds, i don't know which one is good.
+1 Huawei is better, I have a Nokia g2425 and most of the settings are locked, can't enable bridge mode without backend request.
IMO Huawei ont is better, no software locks, some can even turn on ipv6. Still I would also like to know which of them is the better choice, like which one has better bandwidth, range, speed.

Upvote 0
We would only be able to know when members post their experiences of ONTs provided to them by Airtel.

Upvote 0
is it 100% sure that airtel gives this dasan router for 1 Gbps plan? Airtel is finally available in my area and I'm thinking of getting 1 Gbps plan for 1st month, only to get that router and then downgrade to 300Mbps from 2nd month.

Do you guys think it will be worth it considering the expense? Like I'll have to pay installation charges as well and on top of that that 1Gbps plan will cost something like 5k

Upvote 0