What kind of plans do you expect in 2010?

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,801
yes, since indian politicians' and policymakers' goal is to maintain expectations of being a third world economy, even 50 years from now, so by 2010 when the rest of the world has direct fiber links at minimum 100 mbps unlimited, then i am optimistic that we'll have plans from 2 to 10 mbps, and with a little more optimism, the plans will all be unlimited data transfers 😛

^obviously with the fair usage policy...

I am glad to see that most of you are more optimistic than I am and hopefully I will turn out to be wrong on this.The reason I am pessimistic is that I don't see much progress when it comes to unlimited plans. Here in Bombay, MTNL still doesn't have an unlimited plan as far as I know. Tata has a very expensive 512UL plan but really we haven't progressed much beyond 256UL for the most part.I think Indian ISP's are basically reluctant to give UL plans at decent speeds and I am not sure this will change in the next few years.

note that when i wrote optimistic in my post above i was being sarcastic 😛

^u're in Italy dude...we're talking about India...

there an be around 10mbps for just 1500/----------------this can happenBSNL is thinking of about 256kbps for free in india for 2010ita is real bsnl is working on it .........................

ya i remember some "Free Broadband in 2009" article last year... hope BSNL provides 256kbps with some limit over WiFi and/or WiMAX, that will be awesome 🙂

I think we will definately have atleast 4MBps UL plans by then even if it is for 2500!