What Kind of Music You Like?

Amitoj Duggal

Well i am conducting this poll to know the music interest of Our Indian Friends.I know the answer already, Hindi films music is going to be the Majority choice.But anyway lets check out it will be greatAmitoj

instrumentals.....mostly saxophone, piano and the sound of harmonicas, ocarinas, panpipes....most love songs sound good on pan pipes....well just about.But interests keep on changing, at present i am feastin on Buddha Bar and Erotic Lounge.

The way you set this poll up yeah, i find it incredibly limited in genres..Music i'm into is House (Deep, Progressive(less nowadays)), Lo-Fi, Lounge, Chillout, World, Jazz, Easy Listening, Electronic, Soul, movie OSTs (non-indian). Not much Rock unless it's from 60s-70s but very little even then. Rock is pretty much dead now and alternative isn't really doing much for me. Used to be a trance head 10yrs back but hate it now. No Hip-hop unless it's from 92-98.Not really into much indian stuff cept the sitars, ragas etc by Nusrat or Ravi Shankar. Or the 2nd gen brit stuff ie Nitin Sawhney, TJ Rehmi, Talvin Singh etc. But they have slowed down from a few yrs back. Midival Punditz (Delhi-based woo) had a good debut album.Indian film music...yuck !! Seriously if anyone could recommend something decent in this genre cept cheesy remixes. Admitedly i know shit about this genre as i got turned off too easily maybe there are some good ones out there. Not knocking indian music at all, just wish i could hear something tasteful.

Traditional folk music (also called world music) from different parts of the planet. For some reason, traditional indian music is too heavy for me, so that's out. And yes, religion/god themed music is also not a part of the above. Also african music that is supposedly bracketed into fusion stuff is just like pop music to me. And finally, absolutely no modern music for me at all. So examples of what I listen to - celtic, andean, south american, east/central european (balkan, slavic), greek, mediterranean, polyphonic chants from the 3rd- 17th centuries, medieval music, etc.Some degree of fusion with modern stuff is ok, as long as it doesnt become pop trash. 🙂The starter of this thread forgot to add a "other" option to the above poll. 😛

I love soft melodious western music. recently i made best use of airtel's unlimited download for 3 months (June-aug) and downloaded plenty of songs from the net.also i bought some cds through baazee.com.at the moment instrumental "The greatest Love on SAX vol.I" is running on a very low volume.I also love soft jazz. you can listen to lots of soft jazz in "www.live365.com"I have good collection of Cliff Richards songs.I have totally 4800 mp3 songs loaded in my 160 SATA hd played throughcreative 24 bit soundblaster card amplified through Adcom 2500 watts 2+1.I have some collection of instrumental of old hindi songs played on piano and keyboard.sometimes jagazit singh entire collection used to keep me glued to my seatfor days together. After midnight very low volume, night breeze, blue colour zerowatt light glides to heavenly bliss. 🙄 along with these sometimes one or two tunes of paul mariot's subtle love is blueis sure to transport you to different dimention.I am planning to add world space sattelite radio tuner before the end of this year.all suggestions are welcome. i have a feeling something is missing in my arrangement. B)

Thats a limted choice Amitoj...I love Synth-pop, Electro, techno, instrumentals, orchestrals and 80s music...