What is your ping ? BSNL and Railwire users

ISP
Railwire - Lucknow
Hathway - Mumbai
Hi Folks,

I use a BSNL FTTH connection at my place but recently it has started giving issues may be bandwidth congestion resulting in low speed and bad latency (upwards of 100ms) since almost a month.
Recently asked my LCO for a trial Railwire connection (plan 1296/month, 200mbps, 4.5TB FUP) and I see good speeds and latency (less than 5-6ms) in the connection. Also observed improved latency in games like Rocket league and other online games.

Need suggestions if I should switch to Railwire as my primary connection?

What latency do you get on your Railwire and BSNL connections?

Here's a screengrab from the Railwire connection.

Source

Here are some pings I get on my RailWire connection :- (I will provide you speedtest results if you will ask for it)

Mumbai :- 32ms to AWS and rest all servers 42 - 50 ms
Chennai :- 24 - 25ms to all the servers
Singapore :- 55 - 57 ms
Hong Kong :- 90 - 110 ms (Fluctuates quite a bit)

As I'm closer to Chennai so ya, these pings are pretty good.
Currently we are routed through Hyderabad, which also has Moderate NAT
as opposed to Kolkata
which has higher pings everywhere except mumbai and strict NAT.

@gizmosaurabh I believe you are in or near Delhi. And your Gateway is Delhi.
As far as what I know and have experienced, If you are not on Kolkata Noc, you are good. Your connection will be pretty stable if your LCO provides you good maintenance and support.
There will be some issues here and there but all operator has those. Your individual experience is what matters now.

I would suggest doing speed tests on different Indian servers or International servers. Check the speed and ping there. Railwire has an issue in which they provide a good connection till their nearest NOC and then the connection becomes shit.
They have peering with Google, Microsoft, and Netflix. So do not even bother to consider their speed on these servers (fast.com).
To check the reliability of the connection check packet loss of your network to servers which you usually work with. I have seen them doing some blunders where different servers have different results for PL and ping fluctuations.

If it works for you, it works for you. FYI, Usually, people get Railwire if they do not have other ISP options in their locality.

@gizmosaurabh I believe you are in or near Delhi. And your Gateway is Delhi.
As far as what I know and have experienced, If you are not on Kolkata Noc, you are good. Your connection will be pretty stable if your LCO provides you good maintenance and support.
There will be some issues here and there but all operator has those. Your individual experience is what matters now.

I would suggest doing speed tests on different Indian servers or International servers. Check the speed and ping there. Railwire has an issue in which they provide a good connection till their nearest NOC and then the connection becomes shit.
They have peering with Google, Microsoft, and Netflix. So do not even bother to consider their speed on these servers (fast.com).
To check the reliability of the connection check packet loss of your network to servers which you usually work with. I have seen them doing some blunders where different servers have different results for PL and ping fluctuations.

If it works for you, it works for you. FYI, Usually, people get Railwire if they do not have other ISP options in their locality
@imdarkray Thanks for your reply. Am located in a remote area around Lucknow. I have three ISPs BSNL, Railwire and Airtel (Just landed). Luckily for now am not getting any packet drops or jitter in VPNs and online games. So will stick to this railwire line for now.

@gizmosaurabh can you share some results from international servers?
namely OVH Singapore, fdcserver Frankfurt, i3d.net Hong Kong and i3D.net Dubai.
Also some speedtests to Mumbai and chennai servers (mainly Airtel)

I'm jealous. Why is Kolkata NOC so bad? Who is operating it? So many weird issues there.
Kolkata NOC actually sucks to the core. Rest of India RailWire is doing far far better but Kolkata NOC is the worst NOC ever in India and they do not care about the customers getting affected...