What is wrong with my Dataone Connection ?

• Thread starter Thread starter HarishKP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,961

HarishKP

When I switch on my modem (smartx MT880) it takes too long (about 15 minutes to 1 hour) to the ADSL link to come in. (steady ADSL Link LED on the modem) Some times it never coming in and I have to switch on and off the modem several times to get the ADSL Link. Once it come in, it works without any problems with good speed. I am experiencing this problem last 10 days before that there was no such problem. What is wrong with my dataone connection?

Pardon this stupid question, but did you ask customer support about this? And one technical question - at what speed does it connect, when it finally does? (from the "status" option of your connection icon on the bottom right ) A quick layman's guess one can make is that there is probably too much of line-noise in your telephone line. Check out your phone and verify if it is more noisy than usual like when you are making/receiving a call. (If that is so, then you have to tell bsnl). Anyway, for what it is worth, check out your connections at home and make sure there is no loose contact in your connectors.

Never switch off your modem...Most of them here dont do that. Check your SNR ratio from the modem config page

I have contacted BSNL customer care and they are now doing their research on this problem. Voice calls on my dataone line is very clear and without noise.

BUT IT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL IF U PROVIDE THAT MODEM STAT ..... 🙁

My Modem status as given below,UPSTREAMADSL Link Speed 256 KbpsPrevious Tx-Rate 0 KbpsSNR 31 dBCRC 0Attenuation 10.0 dB FEC 0HEC(ATM Layer) 0 DOWNSTREAMADSL Link Speed 2048 KbpsPrevious Rx-Rate 0 KbpsSNR 39.5 dB CRC 0Attenuation 15.5 dB FEC 0HEC(ATM Layer) 0Is that OK ?

It seems Ok for me. I had these stats (not exactly the same) last month but now i am gettingADSL Link Speed 639 KbpsADSL Link Speed 6139 Kbps