• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 27,817
D

designwebgraphic

Hi Guys,
I would like to know as per current scenario:

Stock Market Down, Gold Prices Down, Bank FD Rates are Higher (10 or 10.5%)

What are the best source for investment today? Please answer following:

[1] Stock Market (If YES then which stocks and how much money should be invested within a limit of 2 Lacs?)

[2] Gold (If YES then how much 1 should invest within a limit of 1 Lac?)

[3] Silver (If YES then how much 1 should invest within a limit of 50,000?)

[4] Bank FD (If YES then how much should be kept in which bank and how much within a limit of 3 Lacs?)

[5] MCX?
[6] Mutual Funds?
[7] LIC?
[8] NSC?
[9] PFs?

Whatelse and what are the other sources if I havent mentioned above, please specify them if they are excellent for good return.

Thanks in advance!

Stock market shud be worth investing in, for long term.

Thanks for your reply and i am waiting for others to add their views.

stocks! look for a proper time, like down fall. and go for good stocks !study the 52-week high low of stocks, you may consider heavy weights like Reliance, Rel. Infra, l&t, but do take others advice too! becoz every investment comes with a risk!if i had money to spare, i would have gone for these stocks! 🙂

Thanks for your reply and lets see what other experts say! 🙂

gold and silver.the stock market will be shut down soon.read my sticky post in the news section

The stock market shutting down would only happen if the economy entirely collapses, and/or the there is a complete regime change in the system of government including the repealing of the constitution and a new form of political system coming into place (e.g. old school communism).

IF that were to happen, pretty much anything you invest your money in (and perhaps your cash as well) would be worth zero.

So don't fall for the bakwaas paranoia and sensationalism that's going on around these days.

As for your question - stock market is a good option only if you are going long term. It could take anywhere between 6 months to 2-3 years for you to truly realize your gains. As long as you are comfortable with that, stock market is a good option. But you have to judge your own comfort levels. I would say that if you want to keep any of your money as safe backup for a rainy day, then use FDs.

There's no point in MFs. Those @#$@ funds take their fair share in your profit, but hardly safeguard you from losses. As long as you are playing long term as with money you won't need to liquidate, you will only sell when the market is up. Stocks will give you better profits than MFs at that point.

As for which stocks - that entirely depends on your comfort level. And at the end of the day, this is all a game -a guessing game. Just try to make the most educated guess you can. Don't pay too much attention to "pundits" and "financial analysts" - there's more rubbish that comes out of their mouth than out of a cow's rear-end!!

@vebkThanks for very useful reply.Why not GOLD or SILVER? Any advice on that?

i read it in the newspaper that a first of its kind service called best stock ideas is going to start somewhere in nov which will provide the best of share tips in all market conditions. dnt know much about thm as to how they are different but wait for such similar experts to guide you.

These so called "experts" are who have led us down the drain so far. They seem to be more of a part of the sensationalizing machinery than of any real worth.You will see the same person telling you that the market is strong and will rise one week, and when it dips, the same person will be like "of course it dipped, because of x and y reasons." The share market is a game and unfortunately a necessary evil for people looking to keep the value of their hard-earned money above inflation.GOLD and SILVER - personal opinion I guess. I have never really seen anyone (except for jewellers) really make much money on them. Plus the added hassle of handling them.

most are just speculative sources and nothin more! i think this is what lead to the current financial situation! good sources are no one, but YOU yourself! do your homework well (that is research). and then only invest! it's easy to blame others and there is no shortcut or easy way of making money! (that is following other people's advice)many experts on stocks and commodities have failed to predict or anticipate about them! and they cal themselves experts!